Ramachandrapuram, East Godavari
|Ramachandrapuram, East Godavari
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Ramachandrapuram is a Town and a municipality in East Godavari district in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is located about 30 km from Kakinada and about 10 km from Mandapeta. The famous temple of Lord Shiva at Draksharamam is located about 5 km from here. The present MLA of this constituency is Thota Trimurthulu from Venkataya Palem.
As of 2001[update] India census, Ramachandrapuram had a population of 41,279. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Ramachandrapuram has an average literacy rate of 70%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 74%, and female literacy is 66%. In c, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Ramachandrapuram is an agricultural area, with number of Educational Institutions.
Main crops : Rice and sugarcane . Number of Rice Mills, Sarvaraya Sugars, Artos Soft Drinks,Artos soft drinks Artos Breweries are main industries.
- Krittiventi Perraju Pantulu National School is more than 100 years old, which was established from the donations given by Krittiventi Perraju Pantulu. This school is popular for many famous people who studied in it. They include: Alluri Sita Rama Raju (a freedom fighter regarding Indian independence),
- In 1966 popular congress leader Vundavilli Satyanarayana Murthy (Rayavaram Munsiff) established
VSM College. VSM college offers a number of courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level. It started engineering college as VSM college of engineering with all facilities and faculty .
- KITS engineering college.
- Agriculture polytechnic college.
- Modern Educational Institutions.
- Sun Shine English Medim School.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Ramachandrapuram
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.