|City of license||Latta, South Carolina|
|Branding||94.3 The Dam|
|Slogan||The Pee Dee's Best Dam Rock Station|
|First air date||1988-02-29 (as WWPD)|
|Former callsigns||WWPD (1988-1993)
(Cumulus Licensing LLC)
The station became WWPD in February 1988. In April 1993 the station changed its call sign to WLXP, and in March 1994 to the current WCMG.
WATP-AM 1430 and WATP-FM 94.3 were licensed to Marion, South Carolina. WATP-AM played country music, while WATP-FM played beautiful music. Then as WKXS the FM station played country music before a switch to urban contemporary and gospel music late in the 1980s as WWPD; the AM took over the WKXS letters and played oldies.
- "WCMG Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WCMG Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Broadcasting Yearbook, 1982.
- Broadcasting and Cablecasting Yearbook, 1986.
- Broadcasting/Cable Yearbook, 1989.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook, 1994.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WCMG
- Radio-Locator information on WCMG
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WCMG
|This article about a radio station in South Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|