|City of license||Latta, South Carolina|
|Broadcast area||Florence, South Carolina|
|Slogan||The Pee Dee's Classic Soul and R&B Station|
|First air date||1988-02-29 (as WWPD)|
|Former callsigns||WWPD (1988-1993)
(Cumulus Licensing LLC)
The station became WWPD a.k.a. "The New Power 94 FM" in February 1988. In April 1993 the station changed its call sign to WLXP, and in March 1994 to the current WCMG.
WATP-AM 1430 and WATP-FM 94.3 were licensed to Marion, South Carolina. WATP-AM played country music, while WATP-FM played beautiful music. Then as WKXS a.k.a. "The New Kiss 94 FM" the FM station played country music before a switch to urban contemporary and gospel music late in the 1980s as WWPD; the AM took over the WKXS letters and played oldies.
On August 16, 2010 WCMG changed their format to active rock, branded as "94.3 The Dam".
On March 6, 2014, at 9:43 am, after promoting for a few days that "The MAGIC is coming back to Pee Dee", WCMG changed their format back to urban adult contemporary, branded as "Magic 94.3". The last song on "The Dam" was Black Magic Woman by Satana, while the first song on "Magic" was Happy by Pharrell Williams.
- "WCMG Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WCMG Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Broadcasting Yearbook, 1982.
- Broadcasting and Cablecasting Yearbook, 1986.
- Broadcasting/Cable Yearbook, 1989.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook, 1994.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WCMG
- Radio-Locator information on WCMG
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WCMG
|This article about a radio station in South Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|