1724 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1724
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1724 in Ireland.
- March - Jonathan Swift publishes the first of the Drapier's Letters (A Letter To the Shop-Keepers, Tradesmen, Farmers, and Common-People of Ireland, Concerning the Brass Half-Pence Coined by Mr. Woods).
- March 24 - Richard Hamilton, 4th Viscount Boyne, politician (d. 1789)
- October 20 - Thomas Taylour, 1st Earl of Bective, politician (d. 1795)
- John Hely, later Hely-Hutchinson, lawyer and statesman (d. 1794)
- John Pomeroy, British Army officer (d. 1790)
- Frances Sheridan, novelist and playwright (d. 1766)
- 1724 or 1725 - Arthur Guinness, brewer (d. 1803)
- Approximate date
- February 10 or 1723 - Henry Colley, politician (b. c.1685)
- November - Liam an Dúna Mac Cairteáin, poet and soldier (b. 1668)
- John Barnwell, colonist in the Province of South Carolina (b. 1671)
- Approximate date - Proinsias Ó Doibhlin, poet and priest.
- Scott, Temple (1903). "Letter 1, Introductory Note". The Prose Works of Jonathan Swift, vol. VI: The Drapier’s Letters. London: George Bell and Sons.