62nd Annual Grammy Awards
|62nd Annual Grammy Awards|
|Date||January 26, 2020|
|Location||Staples Center, Los Angeles|
The 62nd Annual Grammy Awards ceremony is scheduled for January 26, 2020, at Staples Center in Los Angeles. It will recognize the best recordings, compositions, and artists of the eligibility year, running from October 1, 2018, to August 31, 2019. 
After many years of being traditionally held in February (except during the years of the Winter Olympics), the 62nd Grammy Awards ceremony was moved back to January, following the Academy Awards' decision to move their 2020 ceremony to the second Sunday of February. This will be the first edition of the Grammy Awards that the new Recording Academy President Deborah Dugan will preside over. 
For the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards, multiple category changes are being made;
- As of the 62nd Grammy Awards, the Recording Academy will now accept links to streaming services as opposed to physical copies as submissions. The Academy stated: "For most categories, we would prefer streaming distribution links for online entry submissions, though CD submissions remain optional". As justification for this development, the Academy highlighted the changing music industry and added that submitting links was more convenient and cost effective, especially for smaller and independent labels.
- Additionally, there will be separate screening committees for Pop and Rock, whereas previously these categories were screened by a Core Committee. This leaves the Core Committee to focus on the more difficult decisions such as determining who is eligible for the Best New Artist category and trying to find the best home for borderline genre entries.
- The definition of the Grammy Award for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album has been expanded to accept "contemporary pop songs performed in traditional pop style - the term "traditional" being a reference to the style of the composition, vocal styling and the instrumental arrangement without regard to the age of the material". The Academy stated that broadening the category was done in an attempt to allow it to "remain robust and inclusive" and enable it to be more competitive as, for example, Tony Bennett has won the award 13 times.
- Spoken word recordings targeted at children have been moved from the Best Children's Album category to the Best Spoken Word Album.
- As of the 62nd Grammy Award, Spanish-language Latin Gospel and Christian music will be officially welcomed in the Best Gospel Album, Best Contemporary Christian Music Album, Best Roots Gospel Album, Best Gospel Performance/Song and Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song categories.
- "Grammy Awards Dates for 2020 and 2021 Announced". variety.com. October 23, 2018. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- "Grammy Awards Sets Dates For 2020 & 2021". Deadline Hollywood. October 23, 2018. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- "Grammy Eligibility Year to Close One Month Early". Billboard. Retrieved 12 June 2019.
- "Grammy Awards Furious Oscars Ambushed Them on Traditional Date: "It was a very disrespectful move on their part"". Showbiz411. August 8, 2018. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- Aswad, Jem; Aswad, Jem (13 April 2019). "Deborah Dugan to Succeed Neil Portnow as Recording Academy Chief". Retrieved 12 June 2019.
- "The Recording Academy Will Now Accept Streaming Links in Most Grammy Category Submissions". Billboard.