This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Map of Cavite showing the location of Carmona.
|Region||(Region IV-A) CALABARZON|
|Incorporated (Barrio)||February 20, 1857|
|• Type||Sangguniang Barangay|
|• Barangay Chairman||Franklin L. De Sosa|
|• Total||2.45 km2 (0.95 sq mi)|
|Elevation||38 m (125 ft)|
|• Density||3,800/km2 (9,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Area code(s)||+63 (0)46 430|
|Languages||Tagalog, Chabacano, and English|
|Income Class||1st Class|
|Website||"carmonagov.net". Archived from the original on 2011-07-02.|
Barangay Mabuhay is one of the 14 urban barangays comprising the municipality of Carmona in the province of Cavite, Philippines. It lies west of the town proper of Carmona and is situated at the central part of the municipality. Located here is one of the biggest commercial development in town, which is the Macaria Business Park. According to the 2010 Census, it has a population of 9,223 people in a land area of 245.0 hectares (605 acres).
Barangay Mabuhay is located on the central part of the municipality of Carmona. Approximately 36 kilometres (22 mi) south of Manila and 38 kilometres (24 mi) from Trece Martires City, Cavite’s Provincial Capital. It is bounded to the northwest by the municipality of General Mariano Alvarez; to the north by Barangay Cabilang Baybay; by Barangay Poblacion 5, 7 and 8 to the east; by Barangays Milagrosa and Lantic to the south; and by Barangay Bancal to the southwest.
The topography of Barangay Mabuhay is generally found on the mountain foot slope. It forms the rolling tuffaceous plateau. This topography includes steep hills, ridges and elevated inland valley and the large portion of the barangay is the hilly and mountainous area.
The first slope is ranging of 3-8% are gently sloping areas with land sloping, gently undulating and rolling lands sloping, this area comprises a small portion of the barangay. The middle portion of Barangay Mabuhay ranges between 8-18% slope forming the rolling tuffaceous plateau and the last is ranging of 15% to more than 40%, They are situated at a very high elevation.
Barangay Mabuhay has two pronounced seasons – the dry season, which usually begins in November and ends in April, and the rainy season, which starts in May and ends in October. Barangay Mabuhay is cool periods are from December to February while summer months are from April to May. March, April, May, June, and July are the warmest months with an average temperature of 28.8 °C (83.8 °F). January, February and December are cooler with an average temperature of 25.8 °C (78.4 °F).
During the Commonwealth era, Bagong Bayan, the former name of Mabuhay, was established. Seven families settled in the small community on the west side of Carmona. In 1938, the provincial highway that leads to the town of Silang was constructed opening the place to people of nearby barrios who moved to this place. Most residents lived by farming the land and the nearby hills. After the war, the municipal council changed the name of the barrio to Barrio "Mabuhay", which means long life to progress.
- Ulong Tubig
Location: Sitio Ulong Tubig
- The spring water comes from an adjacent hill in the area. This also serves as source of irrigation for farmers in Carmona.It is a pool formed by natural spring water emanating from the adjacent hill. The pool leads to the irrigation pump, which supplies a vast number of rice fields in Carmona. The area is shaded by coconut trees and other greenery. In the morning, the water appears to be very clear. However, in the afternoon, it changes to a green hue due to algae disturbed by the swimmers.
- View Fort Resort
Location: Governor's Drive
- Macaria Business Park
Location: Governor's Drive
- Risen Christ Chapel
Location: Barangay Proper
The economy of Barangay Mabuhay is subdivided into agricultural, industrial & commercial businesses.
Cottage industries include metal works, metalcraft, footwear industries, concrete products, tricycle assembly, rattan handicrafts and bakeries. Manufacturing firms engaged in handicraft (bags and shoes), furniture making, business retailing, personal and business services, and food based enterprises contribute to the municipality’s trade and commerce. Mercantile activities in the municipality are concentrated in the poblacion area and along the Governor’s Drive, the main artery road of Carmona.
Commercial and financial centers
One of the biggest commercial development in town is the Macaria Business Park in Barangay Mabuhay. Walter Mart Commercial Center situated in Macaria covers a land area of 13.13 hectares (32.4 acres). A branch of Metrobank is also located here.
Schools that can be found in Barangay Mabuhay, are private schools, two (2) day care Centers and a public elementary school where a big number of students are studying.
- Public (Elementary)
- Mabuhay Elementary School - Barangay Mabuhay
- Public (Pre-School / Day Care)
- Mabuhay Elementary School (inside) - Barangay Mabuhay
- Mabuhay Day Care Center - Barangay Mabuhay
- Private (Pre-School/Learning Center/Elementary/High School/College)
- Cornerstone Christian Academy - Barangay Mabuhay
- Reyjoice Learning School - Barangay Mabuhay
- Toddlers Smart Learning Center - Barangay Mabuhay
- Zion Academy - Barangay Mabuhay
- Kumon Learning Center - Macaria Business Center, Barangay Mabuhay
- "Land Area". Official Website of Carmona. Retrieved on 2012-08-10.
- "2010 Census of Population and Housing - Region IV-A"[permanent dead link], pg. 36. National Statistics Office of the Philippines. Retrieved on 2012-08-10.