This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Part of a series about|
Climate legislation is legislation dealing with the laws and regulations of greenhouse gas emissions. Many different pieces of climate legislation have been introduced and are being considered by legislatures around the world.
- 1 Types of climate legislation
- 1.1 Targets and Trajectories legislation
- 1.2 Market creation legislations
- 1.3 Information based legislation
- 1.4 Legislation clarifying property rights in carbon & liabilities
- 1.5 Legislation to implement international commitments
- 1.6 Climate aspects of existing legislation – EIA law, Planning law, Building codes
- 1.7 Energy legislation
- 1.8 Transport regulation
- 1.9 Legislation affecting carbon marketing claims
- 1.10 Major projects legislation
- 2 Australia
- 3 Mexico
- 4 New Zealand
- 5 Peru
- 6 United Kingdom
- 7 References
Types of climate legislation
Targets and Trajectories legislation
Definition – climate legislation which mandates emissions reduction goals by particular dates, long term and mid-term.
Market creation legislations
Information based legislation
Legislation clarifying property rights in carbon & liabilities
Legislation to implement international commitments
Climate aspects of existing legislation – EIA law, Planning law, Building codes
Legislation affecting carbon marketing claims
Major projects legislation
Australia: Federal laws
- Energy Efficiency Opportunities Act 2006
- National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act 2007
- Clean Energy Act 2011
- Renewable Energy (Electricity) Act 2000 (Cth)
- Climate Change and Greenhouse Emissions Reduction Act 2007 (SA)
- Electricity (Greenhouse Gas Emissions) Act 2004 (ACT)
- Climate Change Act 2010 (Vic)
Mexico: Federal Law
- General Climate Change Law (June 5 of 2012)
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Act 2000
- Climate Change Response Act 2002 (as amended 2006)
- Resource Management (Energy and Climate Change) Amendment Act 2004 (inserting provisions into the RM Act)
- Climate Change (Emissions Trading and Renewable Preference) Bill (NZ)
- INFOCARBONO, a law establishing a national greenhouse gas inventory system for Peru
- Industry. "Energy Efficiency Opportunities Act 2006". www.legislation.gov.au. Retrieved 2018-12-13.
- "About the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting scheme". www.cleanenergyregulator.gov.au. Retrieved 2018-12-13.
- "CLIMATE CHANGE AND GREENHOUSE EMISSIONS REDUCTION ACT 2007 (NO 22 OF 2007)". Australasian Legal Information Institute. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- "Peru's National Climate Law: A critical step towards reducing global emissions". Low Emission Development Strategies Global Partnership (LEDS GP). Retrieved 25 February 2016.