|Product type||Automobile marques|
|Owner||Renault Brilliance Jinbei|
|Introduced||1991 (Jinbei), 2014 (Huasong)|
|Previous owners||Brilliance Auto (through Shenyang Brilliance Jinbei Automotive)|
Jinbei (Chinese: 金杯; pinyin: Jīnbēi; literally: 'Gold Cup") and Huasong (Chinese: 華頌; pinyin: Huásòng) are two sister Chinese automobile marques owned by Renault Brilliance Jinbei Automotive Co., Ltd., a joint venture between Brilliance Auto (51%) and Renault (49%) established in December 2017 and based in Shenyang, Liaoning, China. Until 2017, the marques were owned by Shenyang Brilliance Jinbei Automotive, a Brilliance subsidiary also based in Shenyang.
The Jinbei marque was launched into the market by Brilliance Auto in 1991, selling products with Toyota's technology. Jinbei's upmarket sister marque Huasong was launched in 2014. In December 2017, Brilliance and Renault announced the latter would be acquiring a 49% of the marques' owner company Shenyang Brilliance Jinbei Automotive, which would be reincorporated as Renault Brilliance Jinbei. The transaction was completed in January 2018.
Brilliance (through its subsidiary Shenyang Automotive) has manufactured and sold all of its minibuses under the Jinbei and Huasong marques in a variety of models based on the structure of the Toyota Hiace vans in China. The Group's principal minibus products are the deluxe minibus and the mid-priced minibus, targeting different market segments in the Chinese commercial and passenger car segments. The deluxe models and mid-priced models include the Granse, the Aurora and the Shuttler etc.,[better source needed]
Shenyang Jinbei has produced the Jinbei Haise, also known as the "Haishi" (海狮), the Jinbei's version of the Toyota Hiace, and also produced the Granvia, locally called the "Geruisi" (阁瑞斯) (Jinbei Granse).
Chinese-built models are exported to numerous countries, one of them is Chile, that started to receive them in 2008.
In 2018, Renault Brilliance Jinbei announced plans to launch up to seven light commercial vehicles and SUVs with Renault technology, under the Jinbei and Renault marques.
(As of 2018)
- Jinbei Granse
- Jinbei Granse Classic
- Jinbei Haise MK5
- Jinbei Haise MK6
- Jinbei New Haise
- Jinbei Grand Haise
- Jinbei F50
- Jinbei S70 (Jinbei Tjatse S70)
- Jinbei S30 - a subcompact crossover
- Jinbei S50 - a compact crossover
- Jinbei 750 - a compact MPV
- Jinbei X30 - (Jinbei Haixing X30) a micro passenger van.
Production outside China
Units for the African market are manufactured by the Bavarian Auto Manufacturing Company, an Egyptian subsidiary of BMW, in the 6th of October City South west Cairo-Egypt. Available model is the Jinbei Cargo Van (de) which is available as an ambulance or police car also. It is assembled in the 1999 and 2003 generation versions.
Another manufacturer of Jinbei vehicles is IKK Ichigan, Inc. in Manila, Philippines which offeres the assembled models Jinbei 2 Ton, Jinbei 3 Ton and Jinbei 3 Ton. The Haise and Granse models are imported by the company and are not listed in its official product lineup.
- Brilliance Jinbei Archived 2008-06-04 at the Wayback Machine
- "Brands and products. Minibuses and MPVs". Brilliance Auto. Retrieved 2018-08-01.
- Harman, Alan (2017-12-21). "France's Renault, China's Brilliance Form LCV JV". Ward's. Retrieved 2018-08-01.
- Brilliance auto
- "Renault Brilliance Jinbei to launch 7 new models, first SUV model images exposed". Automotive News Gasgoo. 2018-07-20. Retrieved 2018-08-01.
- "Commercial Cars". Brilliance-eg.com. Archived from the original on 2009-12-22. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- "IKK Ichigan, Inc. - Jinbei Trucks". Jinbeiphils.com. Archived from the original on 2010-09-27. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- "Jinbei Auto Philippines". Jinbeiauto.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-13. Retrieved 2010-07-25.