|Product type||Automobile marque|
|Owner||Dongfeng Motor Company|
|Literal meaning||Beginning of a new day|
Venucia (启辰, Qi Chen in Chinese) is an automobile marque owned by Dongfeng Nissan Passenger Vehicle, itself a subsidiary of Dongfeng Motor Company. It was launched in September 2010.
In November 2011 Dongfeng Nissan announced that the first car to be sold under the Venucia marque would be the D50 mid-class sedan, and that it would go on sale in the first half of 2012.
Dongfeng Nissan unveiled a production version of the Venucia e30 electric car at the 2012 Auto Guangzhou motor show. An earlier version, the Venucia E-Concept was unveiled at the 2012 Beijing Auto Show. Initially, the electric car was scheduled for production in China by 2015, and it has the same bodywork, dimensions, electric-drive specifications and shares other features of the Nissan Leaf. Dongfeng Nissan plans to start a pilot projects in 15 Chinese cities to promote Venucia e30 jointly with local governments. A total of 216 units were delivered through December 2013. These units are being marketed as Venucia Morning Wind and they are badged Leafs since local production has not begun yet. In April 2014 Dongfeng Nissan announced that retail sales of the Venucia e30 are scheduled to begin in September 2014.
The Venucia Viwa concept car was unveiled at the Shanghai Auto Show in April 2013, previewing a new production car based on the platform of the Nissan March. The R30 was subsequently launched in 2014.
In its first two years of sales (2012-2014), Nissan claimed 200,000 Venucia cars had been sold.
At the 2013 Auto Guangzhou, Venucia introduced a brand slogan, "vibrant life, within reach" (Chinese: 多彩生活•触手可及; pinyin: Duōcǎi shēnghuó•chùshǒu kě jí). There also is an English-language slogan, "enjoy more". In 2014, the brand agreed to sponsor the Guangzhou Hengda, with the club promoting Venucia's model line-up.
The following Venucia vehicles are currently available in China:
- R30, five-door supermini (2014-)
- R50, five-door compact hatchback car (2012-)
- D50, four-door mid-size saloon car (2012-)
- T70, five-door SUV (2015-)
Dongfeng Nissan plans to launch two new mid-sized sedans and an SUV under the Venucia brand by 2015.
- "Dongfeng Nissan unveils new China brand Venucia". Reuters. 8 September 2010. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Dongfeng Nissan Launches First Self-developed Auto Model". CRI English. 8 September 2010. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Nissan's China Sales to Exceed 800,000 Units, Kimata Says". Bloomberg Businessweek. 21 November 2011. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- Kazunori Takada (2012-11-21). "Nissan to build electric car under China-only brand by 2015". Reuters. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- John Voelcker (2012-11-27). "What Do You Call A Nissan Leaf In China? How About Venucia E30?". Green Car Reports. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- Mat Gasnier (2014-01-14). "China December 2013: Focus on the all-new models". Best Selling Cars Blog. Retrieved 2014-01-16.
- Sebastian Blanco (2014-04-21). "Chinese Nissan Leaf goes on sale in September as Venucia e30". Autoblog Green. Retrieved 2014-04-21.
- "Dongfeng Nissan releases second Venucia model". Gasgoo. 11 September 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Nissan unveils Venucia's new model". Gulf News. 9 September 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Dongfeng-Nissan Venucia Viwa concept debuts on the Shanghai Auto Show". Car News China. 20 April 2013. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- "DONGFENG NISSAN APPEALS TO FIRST-TIME CHINESE CAR BUYERS WITH VENUCIA R30". Nissan. 16 July 2014. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "DONGFENG NISSAN KICKS OFF 2015 WITH VENUCIA T70". Nissan. 10 January 2015. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "启辰发布新品牌口号 e30中文名定为晨风" [Venucia released a new brand slogan. e30 Chinese name, Morning Breeze]. http://auto.sohu.com (in Chinese). Sohu. 21 November 2013. Retrieved 3 September 2015. External link in
- Chen, Liang (17 June 2014). "启辰多位高管人事大调整 颜宏斌升任部长" [Yan Hongbin promotion brings major personnel reshuffle at Venucia]. http://auto.gznet.com (in Chinese). China Telecom (Guangzhou branch). Retrieved 3 September 2015. External link in
- "China: Venucia to launch SUV, new sedans". Automotive World. 18 September 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.