Chungha in June 2019
February 9, 1996
Seoul, South Korea
|Alma mater||Sejong University|
|Home town||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Cheong-ha|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Chan-mi|
Kim Chung-ha (Korean: 김청하, born Kim Chan-mi [김찬미]; February 9, 1996), better known mononymously as Chungha, stylized as CHUNG HA, is a South Korean singer, dancer, songwriter, and choreographer. She finished fourth in Mnet's girl group survival show Produce 101, becoming a member of the resulting girl group I.O.I.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Influences
- 4 Endorsements and promotions
- 5 Discography
- 6 Filmography
- 7 Awards and nominations
- 8 Notes
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Chungha was born on February 9, 1996, in South Korea. She lived in Dallas, Texas, under her English name Annie Kim, for eight years before returning to South Korea to become a singer. As a result, she is able to speak both English and Korean. She graduated from Sejong University, majoring in dance. She auditioned for YG Entertainment and was a JYP Entertainment trainee prior to joining her current agency MNH Entertainment. Kim trained for three years before debuting, and had been dancing for 6–7 years. She revealed that she almost quit attending dance classes at some point due to financial issues.
2016–2017: Produce 101, I.O.I, and solo debut with Hands on Me
From January 22 to April 1, Kim represented MNH Entertainment on reality girl group survival show Produce 101. She finished in fourth place and debuted on May 4, with the project girl group I.O.I with the mini-album Chrysalis. On June 10, YMC Entertainment revealed Chungha as one of the seven members of the group's unit group, slated to promote their second single, "Whatta Man", during the summer of 2016. It was revealed that three teams were contacted to make the choreography for the single, but hers was chosen because it was deemed to be the highest quality. The single was a commercial success peaking at number 2 on the Gaon Digital Chart and on the Gaon Album Chart, for its digital (downloads and streaming) and physical sales respectively.
On June 30, it was revealed that Chungha would be having a cameo appearance on Korean drama, Entourage, along with groupmate Im Na-young. On July 24, she was revealed to be a new cast member on dance survival show, Hit The Stage. On August 17, it was announced that Chungha would be collaborating with groupmates Choi Yoo-jung, Jeon So-mi, and DIA's Ki Hui-hyeon for the digital single, "Flower, Wind and You", which was produced by Boi B. The music video was released on MBK Entertainment's YouTube channel. On December 21, MNH Entertainment confirmed that she will be debuting as a solo artist in the beginning of 2017 after wrapping up I.O.I's promotions. On December 23, Chungha collaborated with Heo Jung-eun and HALO's Ooon for the holiday carol, "Snow in This Year", that was featured on the Korean drama, My Fair Lady.
On January 10, 2017, Chungha was selected to be a host for EBS' Ah! Sunday – A Running Miracle. Chungha would show the public how to improve their physical fitness via jogging and would take a team of challengers under her wing for the show. On April 21, she released her pre-debut single titled "Week", on the official M&H Entertainment YouTube account, followed on June 7 by her debut EP, entitled Hands on Me, with the lead track "Why Don't You Know". Chungha subsequently featured in Samuel Kim's solo debut album entitled Sixteen with the track "With U", and in Babylon's single, "La La La". From September 3 onwards, she took over Kisum as a DJ for EBS's radio program Listen, and on September 19, it was announced that she would be an MC for FashionN's Please Take Care of My Vanity alongside Super Junior's Leeteuk and Han Chae-young. On November 22, the first episode of her own reality show, Chungha's Free Month, was released on YouTube and NaverTV.
2018–present: Offset, Blooming Blue, Gotta Go, and Flourishing
Chungha released her second extended play Offset on January 17, 2018. The EP contains five tracks including the title track "Roller Coaster". On June 26, MNH Entertainment confirmed that she would be having a comeback on July 18 with her third mini-album titled Blooming Blue, with "Love U" serving as the lead single. Chungha became the ambassador for the Seoul International Architecture Film Festival in October of the same year. It was announced on August 8 that she would join the project group consisting of Red Velvet's Seulgi, (G)I-dle's Soyeon and GFriend's SinB called Station Young for SM Entertainment's project album SM Station X 0. They released their single, "Wow Thing" on September 28. Chungha collaborated with Super Junior's Yesung with the song, "Whatcha Doin'", with the music video released on December 16.
On January 2, 2019, she released her single album, Gotta Go. On January 9, Chungha won her first-ever music program trophy on the MBC Music's Show Champion. She was featured in VIXX member Ravi's new single, "Live", which was released on February 18, 2019. Chungha released her fourth EP Flourishing on June 24, 2019, alongside the music video of the lead single, "Snapping". "Snapping" was placed first on Show Champion on July 3, 2019. In August, she joined the soundtrack lineup for the tvN drama Hotel del Luna. The track, titled "At the End", was released on August 3, 2019. Chungha collaborated with Grizzly on the single "Run", released on August 22, and with Mommy Son on the single "Fast", released in September for the JTBC Seoul Marathon. In October 2019, Chungha collaborated with Jakarta-born rapper Rich Brian on the single "These Nights". The track serves as the single for 88rising's second compilation album, Head in the Clouds II. She is also set to return with I.O.I in December 2019, managed by Swing Entertainment.
Endorsements and promotions
Chungha has endorsed various products ranging from electronics to clothing and cosmetics. Her first endorsement was for Nike's "Nike x W Korea", alongside singer Amber Liu and dancer May J Lee in 2017.
Chungha's endorsements includes modeling for Umbro, women's clothing brand Muzak Ifne, Lens Town's contact lenses, endorsing Lotte Liquor's 'Chungha', and being the brand model for Guljak Topokki Chicken restaurant. She has also endorsed the video games Sudden Attack and Bosslave, and LG Corporation's mobile service U+ 5G. In March 2019, Clinique announced that they had worked with and chosen Chungha as the brand's global ambassador. In May 2019, Sprite Korea announced her as the new model and face of the brand and their Summer 2019 Dive in Sprite Campaign alongside actor Jang Ki-yong.
|2016||Entourage||tvN||Cameo||Episode 1 with Lim Na-young|||
|2017||Idol Drama Operation Team||KBS||Cameo||Episode 5, 6|
|2018||YG Future Strategy Office||Netflix||Cameo||Episode 4|||
|Top Management||YouTube Premium||Cameo||Episode 14|||
|2016||Produce 101||Mnet||Finished 4th|||
|Hit the Stage||Contestant|||
|2017||Ah! Sunday - A Running Miracle||EBS||Host|||
|Please Take Care of My Vanity||Fashion||MC|||
|Chungha's Free Month||—||Documentary|||
|2018||Real Life Men and Women||MBN||Cast member|||
|The Call||Mnet||Cast member|
Awards and nominations
- "I.O.I Dikonfirmasi Siap 'Comeback'". CNN Indonesia (in Indonesian). June 28, 2019. Retrieved August 15, 2019.
- Lee, Min-ji (July 1, 2019). 9인조 컴백 I.O.I, 스튜디오 블루-스윙엔터 손 잡았다(공식). Newsen (in Korean). Retrieved August 15, 2019.
- 청하 프로필 (in Korean). Naver.
- Shooting Live video - I.O.I appeared to JTBC (Online video) (in Korean). South Korea: JTBC Entertainment. April 28, 2016. 46 minutes in. Retrieved August 1, 2019 – via YouTube.
- Jang, Yong-hoon (August 5, 2016). "팬들 깜짝 놀라게 만든 I.O.I 김청하 '영어회화' 실력 (영상)". Insight Korea (in Korean). Retrieved December 13, 2018.
- ""무용과 14학번" 김청하, 대학생 모델로 커버 장식[화보]". Naver (in Korean). May 15, 2017. Retrieved August 11, 2019.
- Kim, Da-som. "트와이스 "'프로듀스101' 김청하 응원, 과거 JYP 연습생"(파워타임)". Newsen (in Korean). Newsen. Retrieved May 1, 2016.
- Omega, Jan (January 19, 2017). "I.O.I. Finale: Ideal Of Idol Releases Final Track Written By Woozi Of Seventeen Titled 'Downpour' Before Separating [Video]". Inquisitr. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- Lim, Jasmine (April 23, 2019). "K-pop singer Chungha on going from girl group to solo artist". The Newpaper. Retrieved August 11, 2019.
- Choi, Seong-rok (July 20, 2018). "돌아온 청하... 그녀 소속사 이름 앞에 'god'가 붙은 이유". Oh My News (in Korean). Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- Park, Hyun-min. 아이오아이, 첫 유닛 확정…'전소미부터 김소혜'[공식입장]. Naver (in Korean). OSEN. Retrieved June 11, 2016.
- Kim, Ye-na. "[단독] '역시 춤꾼'…I.O.I 청하, 유닛 타이틀곡 안무 짰다". Naver (in Korean). TV Report. Retrieved August 22, 2016.
- Cho, Ji Young (September 26, 2016). "[단독] 이성민, '안투라지' 마지막 카메오 합류..조진웅과 특급 의리". Sports Chosun. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- "'힛더스테이지' 장현승X스테파니, 2연승 행진…최종우승할까[종합]". Naver (in Korean). Sports News. August 11, 2016. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- Lee, Ho-yeon (August 18, 2016). "MBK 측 "기희현 전소미 최유정 김청하, 콜라보 디싱 준비중"". Herald Pop (in Korean). Retrieved July 12, 2019.
- Choi, Hyun-jung. "기희현X전소미X최유정X김청하 '꽃, 바람 그리고 너' 재킷 공개". Naver (in Korean). Sports DongA. Retrieved July 12, 2019.
- "Flower, Wind and You". Gaon Music Chart (in Korean). August 28 – September 9, 2016. Retrieved September 8, 2016.CS1 maint: date format (link)
- Hoong, Gook-hwa (October 4, 2018). "FORCE IS FEMALE: 청하와의 인터뷰". Vogue Korea (in Korean). Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "오 마이 금비 OST". Melon (in Korean). January 17, 2017. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- Kim, Ang-soo (January 10, 2017). "I.O.I 김청하, EBS '아! 일요일-기적의 달리기' MC 발탁". Nate (in Korean). Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "I.O.I 김청하, EBS '아! 일요일-기적의 달리기' MC 발탁". Naver. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- [인터뷰] 김청하 "두려움이 반…다양한 색감 내는 가수 될 것" (in Korean). Yonhap News Agency. June 7, 2017. Retrieved June 7, 2017.
- "I.O.I 첫 솔로, 청하 'Why Dont You Know'" (in Korean). KBS News. June 7, 2017. Retrieved June 7, 2017.
- "베이빌론, 31일 신곡 'LaLaLa' 발표..청하 피처링". Naver (in Kanuri). Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "[V라이브 종합] '데뷔 1주년' 청하, 이제는 '별하랑'과 함께". Naver (in Korean). Esports News. June 7, 2018. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "청하, EBS 라디오 DJ 발탁 "친구같은 방송 만들 것"" (in Korean). August 31, 2017. Retrieved November 11, 2017.
- "청하, '화장대를 부탁해3' MC 발탁…데뷔 첫 뷰티쇼(공식)". Naver (in Kanuri). Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- 청하, 오늘(8일) 생애 첫 단독 리얼리티 '청하의 프리먼스' 촬영. Naver (in Korean). Retrieved November 11, 2017.
- "Chungha rides love's 'Roller Coaster' in new single". kpopherald.com. January 18, 2018. Retrieved March 16, 2018.
- [단독]청하, 내달 18일 컴백 확정…차세대 여성 솔로 아티스트의 귀환. Naver (in Korean). June 26, 2018. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
- Bae, Hyo-joo (October 10, 2018). 청하, 서울국제건축영화제 홍보대사 "소임 다할 것"(공식입장). Newsen (in Korean). Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "'SM 스테이션영의 프로젝트 걸그룹은 '슬기 X 신비 X 청하 X 소연'?". SportsKhan. 2018-08-08.
- 청하 '벌써 12시' 뮤비 티저 영상 공개 '몽환적이면서도 신비로운 분위기' 팬들 기대감↑. Naver (in Korean). December 29, 2018. Retrieved December 29, 2018.
- [종합] '쇼챔피언' 청하, 컴백 동시에 1위…에이핑크, 려욱 등 ★ 컴백러쉬. www.xportsnews.com (in Korean). January 9, 2019. Retrieved January 9, 2019.
- "빅스 라비 신곡 'live' 오늘(18일) 공개 … 청하 피처링 참여". entertain.naver.com (in Korean). February 18, 2019. Retrieved February 18, 2019.
- "Chungha releases first self-composed song on new album 'Flourishing'". The Korea Herald. June 24, 2019. Retrieved June 24, 2019.
- "'쇼!챔피언' 청하, 1위 "더욱 노력하는 청하 될 것"". Naver (in Korean). July 3, 2019. Retrieved July 3, 2019.
- "'쇼챔피언' 청하, 컴백하자마자 'Snapping'으로 첫 1위[종합]". Naver (in Korean). July 3, 2019. Retrieved July 3, 2019.
- Han-na, Lee (August 2, 2019). "Gummy, Paul Kim and Chungha join soundtrack lineup for "Hotel Del Luna"". The Korea Times (in Korean). Retrieved August 2, 2019.
- "청하, 오늘(3일) '호텔 델루나' OST '그 끝에 그대' 공개..황금 라인업 합류 [공식]". Osen (in Korean). August 3, 2019. Retrieved August 3, 2019.
- Kim, Ju-hyeon (August 3, 2019). "'음원퀸' 청하, '호텔 델루나' OST 참여... '그 끝에 그대' 가창". BEFF Report (in Korean). Retrieved August 3, 2019.
- "청하X그리즐리, 컬래버곡 '런(RUN)' 22일 발매". Kookbang (in Korean). August 16, 2019. Retrieved August 17, 2019.
- "청하·마미손, JTBC 서울 마라톤 테마송 '달려' 공개". Naver (in Korean). September 8, 2019. Retrieved September 8, 2019.
- "청하X리치 브라이언, M/V 티저 2탄 공개...절묘한 호흡.. 기대감UP". entertain.naver.com (in Korean). October 3, 2019. Retrieved October 3, 2019.
- "청하X리치 브라이언, 발매 D-1 콜라보 '디즈 나잇' 티저 2탄 공개". entertain.naver.com (in Korean). October 3, 2019. Retrieved October 3, 2019.
- "[단독]아이오아이, 12월로 컴백 연기...'11인조 완전체로 돌아오나?'". entertain.naver.com (in Korean). September 6, 2019. Retrieved September 6, 2019.
- Septiani Adji, Beryl (December 11, 2018). "Chungha Ungkap Artis Solo yang Jadi Panutannya Berkarier di Dunia Entertainment, Siapa?". Kanal247 (in Indonesian). Retrieved December 14, 2018.[unreliable source?]
- #나이키우먼 나이키 X 더블유 ‘Women’s Revolution’ 1편 LIVE. WKorea (in Korean). February 27, 2017. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- 캠스콘, 아이오아이(I.O.I) 청하ㆍ모델 엘리스가 함께한 화보 'FANTASTIC WINTERLAND' 공개. Naver (in Korean). February 1, 2017. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- "'무자크', '이프네' 새 뮤즈는 가수 청하" (in Korean). August 2, 2019. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- 올해 34살된 롯데주류 '청하'가 꾸준히 사랑 받는 5가지 비결. Insight.co (in Korean). January 18, 2019. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- Lee, Myung-cheol (August 13, 2019). "청하, 걸작떡볶이치킨 브랜드 모델로 등극". seoulwire.com (in Korean). Retrieved August 17, 2019.
- Shin, Banseok (February 14, 2019). "Chungha Turns into a Fighter in New 'Sudden Attack' CF". Koogle. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- "룽투코리아 신작 '보스레이브' 홍보모델로 청하 발탁". Ruli Web (in Korean). August 1, 2019. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- "LGU+, 국내 이통사 단독 '갤럭시S10 5G' 개통 전야제". Tech Holic (in Korean). April 5, 2019. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- 신라면세점, 글로벌 뷰티 브랜드 `크리니크`와 팝업 행사. MK (in Korean). June 5, 2019. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- 청하, 2019 크리니크 글로벌 앰버서더 발탁. JTBC News (in Korean). March 6, 2019. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- "청하X장기용, 스프라이트 새 모델 발탁..."쿨섹시 스타"". Star MK (in Korean). May 7, 2019. Retrieved June 7, 2019.
- Kim, Kyeong-bin (June 30, 2016). "tvN '안투라지' 아이오아이부터 하정우까지…역대급 카메오 10인". Insight Korea (in Korean). Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "'YG전자' 승리가 이끈 YG 셀프디스, B급유머 폭발..박봄·남태현 등장(종합)[Oh!쎈 리뷰]". OSEN (in Korean). Retrieved 2018-10-05.
- [Ep 14 Highlight] Yunwoo on backstage with Chungha. YouTube (in Korean). Top Management. Retrieved January 18, 2019.
- "청하, '화장대를 부탁해3' MC 발탁…데뷔 첫 뷰티쇼(공식)". Naver (in Kanuri). September 9, 2017. Retrieved November 11, 2017.
- Jeong, Jee-won (November 8, 2017). [공식입장] 청하, 생애 첫 단독 리얼리티 '프리먼스' 론칭…22일 첫방송. Osen (in Korean). Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- Ryu, Min-chul (September 8, 2018). '현실남녀2' 써니 "외로움이나 고독 잘 못느껴", "혼자 있는 시간이 좋아". Naver (in Korean). Choin News. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chungha.|
- Chungha at MNH Entertainment (in Korean)