Maturi Venkata Subba Rao Engineering College
|Motto||TECHNOLOGY TRAVERSES TERRESTRA|
|Type||Education and research institution|
|Principal||Dr. P. A. SASTRY|
|Location||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
The Matrusri Education Society was founded in 1980 by a group of visionaries and philanthropists such as Arshadharmasri Late Sri Maturi Venkata Subba Rao as Founder Secretary, Maturi Gopala Rao, the architect of Nagarjunasagar Dam as Founder Chairman, besides industrialists, doctors, businessmen, administrators and advocates.
The society established Maturi Venkata Subba Rao Engineering College or MVSR Engineering College, affiliated with Osmania University, in 1981 which is now located in a campus at Nadergul, RR Dist., Telangana. The college was accredited by AICTE and approved by NBA.
MVSR Engineering College was founded in 1981 with three disciplines. The student strength at present is over 2,300. There are 160 faculty and 180 supporting staff. The college celebrated its Silver Jubilee in February 2007.
It is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education and affiliated to the Osmania University.
MVSR is ranked among the top 20 private engineering colleges in India by EFY research.
- The campus is spread over 18.73 acres (75,800 m2).
- The campus has six main academic blocks, library, canteen, games room, two stationary shops, bank, parks for recreation and two workshop buildings.
- Playground the size of a football field.
- Basketball court,a tennis court and a games room.
- Library block, opened in 2008.
- Career guidance and placement cell, to assist the students during campus recruitments.
- The college was inaugurated in 1981 by Sri T. Anjiah, Chief Minister, AP, at temporary premises at Ameerpet, with an intake of 180 in Civil, ECE and Mechanical disciplines.
- In 1986 inauguration of the administrative block at Saidabad Campus by Sri P. V. Narasimha Rao, Minister of Human Resources, Government of India.
- Purchase of 10,000 square yards of land at Saidabad Campus in 1992.
- Foundation Stone of Science Block laid at Nadergul Campus by Sri M. Gopal Rao in 1995.
- Shifting of 1 year to Nadergul Campus, starting of B.E (EEE) in 1997.
- Shifting of all engineering disciplines to Nadergul Campus, start of B.E (IT) course in 2000.
- Inauguration of Canteen and Physical Education Department block in 2002.
- In 2004, inauguration of CS and IT block by Sri V. Rama Rao, Governor of Sikkim.
- Construction of bank building for the college in 2004.
- Construction of 5,000-m2 area on II floor of Civil, Mechanical and CS and IT blocks in 2006.
- New library building with 20,000 square feet (1,900 m2) started in 2008.
All the courses offered by MVSR are "NBA Accredited".
The college admits 690 undergraduate students through the statewide EAMCET exam conducted every year. It offers BE courses in seven streams ECE, CSE, EEE, MECH, CIVIL, Automobile and IT every year. ME/MTech course is offered through GATE for:- M.E. (Mechanical - Cad/Cam)-18 Seats ; M.E. (ECE - Embedded Systems & VLSI Design) 36 Seats ; M.Tech. (CSE - Computer Science) 18 Seats. MCA was started in the year 2008 with an intake of 60 and MBA in the year 2009 with an intake of 60.
- BE courses
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Applied Science & Humanities(First Year of B.E)
- Postgraduate courses
The on-campus recruiting program at MVSR enables students to interview for permanent employment. Some of the companies visiting the campus are - Cognizant, Infosys, Wipro, Deloitte, MAQ, Accenture, Capgemini, Intergraph, Hitachi Consultin, Computer Science Corporation etc.
- MVSR Campus Connect
Also known as MCC, MVSR Campus Connect is a non-profit organization, an initiative of the students of MVSR Engineering College, Hyderabad. It conducts technical fests like Samavartan, and other fests like Freedom Fest (on 15 August), We The People, Founder's Day, cultural fest like Sangamam etc. and also Sends important Messages related to college activities, etc. to Students via SMS
SAMAVARTHAN is the annual Technical Fest conducted by the college.
SANGAMAM is the annual Cultural Fest of the college.
MVSR Engineering College does not have a hostel of its own. However a private boys' hostel Sri sai Sadan Boys Hostel run by the management member (Sri. M.V. Vasudeva Rao. Jt. Secretary) is a five-minute walk from the college. This hostel is for the boys of the college.
- MVSR Engineering College
- AICTE Mandatory Disclosure Norms
- MVSR Campus Connect website
- Alumni link
- Rankings by EFY research