New Forest West (UK Parliament constituency)
|New Forest West|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of New Forest West in Hampshire
Location of Hampshire within England
|Electorate||68,987 (December 2010)|
|Major settlements||Fordingbridge, Ringwood, New Milton and Lymington.|
|Member of Parliament||Desmond Swayne (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||New Forest|
1997–2010: The District of New Forest wards of Barton, Bashley, Becton, Bransgore and Sopley, Downlands, Fordingbridge, Forest North West, Forest West, Hordle, Lymington Town, Milford, Milton, Pennington, Ringwood North, Ringwood South, and Sway.
2010–present: The District of New Forest wards of Barton, Bashley, Becton, Bransgore and Burley, Buckland, Downlands and Forest, Fernhill, Fordingbridge, Forest North West, Hordle, Lymington Town, Milford, Milton, Pennington, Ringwood East and Sopley, Ringwood North, and Ringwood South.
This constituency covers the part of the New Forest which is not covered by its other constituency[n 3] and southern settlements next to the coast just outside its boundaries. Largest settlements are Fordingbridge and Ringwood which are inland and coastal New Milton and Lymington.
For all areas the relevant local authority has a higher than average proportion of retired people, and a lower than national average extent of social housing and rented housing. Housing types include far above average detached and semi-detached properties. Coast and forest are contained in this area.
Members of Parliament
|1997||Sir Desmond Swayne||Conservative|
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrats||Jack Davies||7,710||15.3||+5.7|
|Liberal Democrats||Terry Scriven||4,781||9.6||+2.7|
|Liberal Democrats||Imogen Shepherd-DuBey||3,293||6.9||−16.4|
|Liberal Democrats||Mike Plummer||11,084||23.3||+4.1|
Elections in the 2000s
|Liberal Democrats||Murari Kaushik||8,719||18.9||−6.9|
|Liberal Democrats||Michael Bignell||11,384||25.8||−2.0|
|Labour||Crada N. Onuegbu||6,481||14.7||+0.4|
Elections in the 1990s
|Liberal Democrats||Robert C.H. Hale||13,817||27.8||N/A|
|Labour||David R. Griffiths||7,092||14.3||N/A|
|Referendum||Maureen A. Elliott||2,150||4.3||N/A|
|Conservative win (new seat)|
Notes and references
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Archived from the original on 6 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "2011 census interactive maps". Archived from the original on January 29, 2016.
- "New Forest West: Constituency | Politics | The Guardian". April 9, 2014. Archived from the original on April 9, 2014.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "N" (part 1)
- "New Forest West Parliamentary constituency". BBC News. BBC. Retrieved 26 November 2019.
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2005". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2001". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 1997". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.