New Forest West (UK Parliament constituency)
|New Forest West|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of New Forest West in Hampshire.
Location of Hampshire within England.
|Electorate||68,987 (December 2010)|
|Major settlements||Fordingbridge, Ringwood, New Milton and Lymington.|
|Member of parliament||Desmond Swayne (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||New Forest|
|European Parliament constituency||South East England|
This constituency covers the part of the New Forest which is not covered by its other constituency[n 3] and southern settlements next to the coast just outside its boundaries. Largest settlements are Fordingbridge and Ringwood which are inland and coastal New Milton and Lymington.
This seat has electoral wards:
Barton; Bashley; Becton; Bransgore and Burley; Buckland; Downlands and Forest; Fernhill; Fordingbridge; Forest North West; Hordle; Lymington Town; Milford; Milton; Pennington; Ringwood East and Sopley; Ringwood North and Ringwood South in the New Forest District.
For all areas the relevant local authority has a higher than average proportion of retired people, and a lower than national average extent of social housing and rented housing. Housing types include far above average detached and semi-detached properties. Bournemouth's eastern borders plus coast and forest are contained in this area.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|General Election 2015: New Forest West|
|Liberal Democrat||Imogen Shepherd-DuBey||3,293||6.9||−16.4|
|General Election 2010: New Forest West|
|Liberal Democrat||Mike Plummer||11,084||23.3||+4.1|
Elections in the 2000s
|General Election 2005: New Forest West|
|Liberal Democrat||Murari Kaushik||8,719||18.9||−6.9|
|General Election 2001: New Forest West|
|Liberal Democrat||Michael Graham Bignell||11,384||25.8||−2.0|
|Labour||Mrs. Crada N. Onuegbu||6,481||14.7||+0.4|
|UKIP||Michael John Clark||1,647||3.7||+0.6|
Elections in the 1990s
|General Election 1997: New Forest West|
|Liberal Democrat||Robert C.H. Hale||13,817||27.8||N/A|
|Labour||David R. Griffiths||7,092||14.3||N/A|
|Referendum||Mrs. Maureen A. Elliott||2,150||4.3||N/A|
|UKIP||Michael J. Holmes||1,542||3.1||N/A|
|Conservative win (new seat)|
Notes and references
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- 2011 census interactive maps
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "N" (part 1)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "constituencies.html". Retrieved 31 January 2015.
- "New Forest West". YourNextMP. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- Election result, 2005 (BBC)
- Election results, 1997 - 2001 (BBC)
- Election results, 1997 - 2001 (Election Demon)
- Election results, 1997 - 2005 (Guardian)