Milton Keynes North (UK Parliament constituency)
|Milton Keynes North|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Milton Keynes North in Buckinghamshire.
Location of Buckinghamshire within England.
|Electorate||81,226 (March 2011)|
|Member of parliament||Mark Lancaster (Conservative)|
|Created from||North East Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes South West|
|European Parliament constituency||South East England|
This constituency (and its counterpart, Milton Keynes South), came into being when the two Milton Keynes constituencies (Milton Keynes North East and Milton Keynes South West) were reconfigured following the Boundary Commission's Fifth Periodic Review of Westminster constituencies with the aim of equalising the electorate as between the constituencies in the light of population growth that had occurred mainly in the Milton Keynes Urban Area. This constituency is the more rural of the two.
The constituency takes up the majority of the area of the Borough of Milton Keynes and is one of the borough's two constituencies. Milton Keynes North has a larger rural area; the other, Milton Keynes South, covers a smaller area and is more urban.
This seat has part or all of several Council electoral wards:
- Central Milton Keynes
- Campbell Park & Old Woughton
- Newport Pagnell & Hanslope
- Newport Pagnell South
(Ward boundaries revised 2013). The Borough ward boundaries do not necessarily coincide with the town and parish council areas.
Of these wards, Newport Pagnell North & Hanslope and Olney are more rural. The remainder are more urban. Each ward returns three Councillors so their electorates are broadly equal.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|Christian Peoples||Venetia Sams|
|Liberal Democrat||Imogen Shepherd-Dubey|
|Liberal Democrat||Paul Graham||3,575||6.2||-15.9|
|Labour Co-op||Andrew Pakes||14,458||26.8||−11.1|
|Liberal Democrat||Jill Hope||11,894||22.1||+1.4|
|Christian Peoples||John Lennon||206||0.4||N/A|
|Monster Raving Loony||Matt "Bananamatt" Fensome||157||0.3||N/A|
Notes and references
- "Electorate Figures – Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- 2010 post-revision map non-metropolitan areas and unitary authorities of England
- Ward map (PDF) Borough of Milton Keynes 2013
- 2001 Census
- 2011 census interactive maps
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "M" (part 2)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- election result http://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/electionresults/election/3/byarea 16Jun2015
- Milton Keynes Council – General Election results, Milton Keynes North, 2010
- Served as an MP in the 2005–2010 Parliament in the predecessor constituency of North East Milton Keynes