Krasnodar International Airport
Krasnodar International Airport
Международный аэропорт Краснодар
|Operator||JSC Krasnodar International Airport|
|Elevation AMSL||118 ft / 36 m|
Krasnodar International Airport (Russian: Международный аэропорт Краснодар), also known as Pashkovsky Airport (Russian: Аэропорт Пашковский), (IATA: KRR, ICAO: URKK) is the main airport serving the southern Russian city of Krasnodar. It is an international airport, and is located 12 km east of the centre of Krasnodar city.
Krasnodar International Airport has three runways that can accommodate modern aircraft, such as Boeing-737 (excluding Boeing-737-900), Boeing 757 (with limitations), Airbus A319, Airbus A320, Embraer 195, as well as helicopters of all types.
The airport’s capacity is 500 passengers per hour for domestic flights and 200 passengers per hour for international flights.
In the terminal building, there are VIP and CIP lounges, as well as shops, cafes, pharmacies. Wi-Fi access is also provided.
This section does not cite any sources. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 1932, Krasnodar United Air Group was established. Later that year seven Po-2 Aerial Pest Control Agency aircraft landed near the central office of Pashkovsky state farm. In late 1932, the Agency was reorganized. It was used as a basis for the formation of Pashkovsky air base, which in late 1933 was moved to the aerodrome used by the present-day Krasnodar airport.
In 1934, the air base was reorganized into the 218 Civil Aviation Pashkovsky Special Air Group. The majority of Po-2 aircraft were re-equipped into passenger carriers. Scheduled passenger flights were performed from Krasnodar to Maikop, Sochi, Anapa, etc.
In 1941-1945, during World War II, the aircraft of the Special Air Squadron of Krasnodar Airline transported ammunition and POL to the battle-front and carried out medevac missions.
In 1960, construction of the first concrete runway was completed. Flights performed by Il-18 aircraft commenced in Krasnodar airport. Construction of a two-story passenger terminal was also completed later. Scheduled passenger and cargo flights to domestic destinations performed using Аn-10, Il-18, and Аn-12 aircraft.
In 1962, scheduled passenger service with Тu-124 aircraft was launched.
In 1964, Krasnodar United Air Group within the structure of the North Caucasian Civil Aviation Authority was formed. Later that year, the Group acquired its own fleet of Аn-24 aircraft.
In 1981, Yak-42 aircraft was put into operation. In 1984, the second concrete runway was put into operation.
In 1993, Krasnodar United Air Group within the structure of the North Caucasian Civil Aviation Authority was restructured into OJSC Kuban Airlines, which comprised an air carrier and an airport.
In 2006, OJSC Kuban Airlines was restructured through the spinoff of two of its entities, namely OJSC Krasnodar International Airport and OJSC Kuban Air Transport Territorial Agency. 20 December is the birthday of Krasnodar International Airport.
In 2007, Russian Transportation Ministry included the airport in its list of 12 international hubs on the territory of the Russian Federation.
Today, the airport is of strategic importance to Russia as its southern air gates. It is used by over 30 airlines flying to 62 destinations (including 17 international destinations).
Krasnodar International Airport is currently undergoing revamp that is divided into two parts: construction of a new 60,000 m2 airport building, scheduled to be completed in 2017, and the modernization of the aerodrome infrastructure.
The latter includes runway revamp, construction of a ramp, engineering installations and upgrade of the equipment to provide safe, uninterrupted, and high-quality aircraft handling.
Basel Aero managing the project of the new terminal building has picked up Dutch NACO, one of the world's leading independent airport consultancy and engineering firms, to develop the new airport’s master plan. According to NACO, annual passenger traffic of the new terminal will reach 10 million passengers in 2030.
Within the period of design and construction of the new Krasnodar airport, the area of the existing terminal is to be expanded by 8 200 sq m. As a result, the airport’s capacity will increase up to 1,700 passengers per hour. In August 2013, reconstruction of the international terminal was commenced. According to the design, the number of check-in counters will increase to 8, immigration control counters to 10, and an additional baggage carousel is to be installed. Besides, a children playground will be constructed within the terminal building.
The Krasnodar airport reconstruction project involves the domestic terminal building. The renovated terminal buildings are to be put into operation in late 2014.
Airlines and destinations
- List of the busiest airports in Russia
- List of the busiest airports in the former USSR
- List of the busiest airports in Europe
-  // Baselaero.ru
- Basel Aero // Basic Element's official website
- About Krasnodar International Airport// Basel Aero's official website
- Пассажиропоток аэропорта Краснодар вырастет до 10 млн человек в год к 2030г.// RBC
- "Company News - Aeroflot launches summer timetable | Aeroflot". www.aeroflot.ru. Aeroflot.
- Плохотниченко, Юрий (19 October 2016). "Air Moldova будет летать из Кишинёва в Краснодар". Travel.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- Liu, Jim (7 November 2016). "Air Moldova adds new routes in S17". Routesonline. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- Плохотниченко, Юрий (24 January 2019). "Air Serbia будет летать из Белграда в Краснодар". Travel.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- Liu, Jim (23 April 2019). "AZIMUTH schedules domestic new routes in S19". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- "В Стригино появится новый рейс в Краснодар". goj.aero. Strigino Airport PSC. Retrieved 21 March 2019.
- "Авиакомпания Азимут открыла продажи на рейсы из Краснодара в Омск и обратно на летний сезон". azimuth.aero. Azimuth. Retrieved 21 March 2019.
- Авиакомпания Азимут открыла продажу авиабилетов на рейсы в Санкт-Петербург из Ростова и Краснодара. azimuth.aero (in Russian). Azimuth. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
- "Новый перевозчик "Азимут" запускает рейсы в Симферополь". tass.ru. 23 April 2018.
- Liu, Jim (10 October 2018). "Azimuth adds Armenia service from Oct 2018". Routesonline. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "Greece's Ellinair opens Athens base". ch-aviation.com. 1 November 2018.
- "flydubai doubles Russia and Ukraine network". Arabian Aerospace. 20 March 2013. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "Flight Search". pegasys.pegast.ru.
- Liu, Jim (16 September 2018). "Pobeda expands domestic network Sep/Oct 2018". Routesonline. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- Liu, Jim (14 September 2018). "Pobeda expands Tbilisi network in 4Q18". Routesonline. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- Liu, Jim. "Pobeda S19 new routes as of 11MAR19". Routesonline. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- Liu, Jim (13 July 2017). "Red Wings adds new St. Petersburg routes from July 2017". Routesonline. Retrieved 15 July 2017.
- "Schedule". S7.ru. S7 Airlines. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- Liu, Jim (3 April 2018). "SCAT opens additional Astana – Russia routes in S18". Routesonline. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "Istanbul New Airport Transition Delayed Until April 5, 2019 (At The Earliest)".
- Liu, Jim (31 October 2018). "Ural Airlines expands Osh network in W18". Routesonline. Retrieved 31 October 2018.
- Liu, Jim (18 April 2018). "Ural Airlines adds Krasnodar – Tbilisi from late-May 2018". Routesonline. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Новый рейс "Уральских авиалиний" Краснодар-Тбилиси-Краснодар – авиакомпания "Уральские авиалинии"". www.uralairlines.ru. JSC Ural Airlines. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- L, J (20 January 2016). "Ural Airlines Adds Krasnodar – Tel Aviv Service in S16". Airline Route. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- ""ЮТэйр" расширяет маршрутную сеть в Краснодарском крае". OJSC "Airline" UTair ". Archived from the original on 17 August 2016. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "Авиакомпания "ЮТэйр" - Utair открывает рейсы из Тюмени на курорты". www.utair.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- Yamal Airlines begin service between Samara and Krasnodar from 2018
- Liu, Jim (23 April 2019). "Yamal Airlines expands Krasnodar network in S19". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- NEWS in Russian. "Пассажиропоток в аэропортах "Базэл Аэро" за 2017". /www.aex.ru.