This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2022)
|Product type||Beverage, fruit juice|
|Owner||The Coca-Cola Company (owned by Minute Maid)|
|Introduced||July 29, 2001|
Simply Beverages (also known as the Simply Orange Juice Company) is an American fruit juice company based in Apopka, Florida that was founded in 2001 and is a brand of The Coca-Cola Company. It makes several not-from-concentrate orange juices and other fruit juices that are sold refrigerated in a clear plastic bottle with a green twist top and large green seal. The bottles have a wide body that starts tapering to a narrow neck at the top of the label.
The company, Simply Orange, is a major buyer of Florida oranges for its orange juice but also imports orange juice from Brazil and Mexico. It uses a computer-modeled system to blend the juice sources for a uniform taste throughout the year.
The company was founded in 2001 by Minute Maid, launching three varieties of "Simply Orange" in the Northeastern United States: "Original", "Original with Calcium" and "Grove Made". By 2003, the company expanded to the Southeastern United States and achieved national distribution, adding a fourth variety "Country Stand with Calcium" in 2004.
In 2006, the "Simply" line expanded with the launch of "Simply Lemonade" and "Simply Limeade". The Simply Orange Juice Company announced the addition of "Simply Grapefruit" in August 2007 and began shipping to retailers in mid-September. "Simply Orange with Mango" and "Simply Orange with Pineapple" were added in mid-August 2008. In February 2009, "Simply Lemonade with Raspberry" became available. In January 2012, "Simply Cranberry Cocktail" and "Simply Lemonade with Mango" were released. The company introduced "Simply Peach" and "Simply Lemonade with Strawberry" in 2017. In 2018, the size of the 59oz bottles was reduced to 52oz to reduce production costs. The company also launched the "Simply Light" brand with fewer calories and less sugar in the same year.
In January 2023, a consumer class-action lawsuit was filed against the Simply Orange Juice Company, alleging that the company falsely markets its “Simply Tropical Juice” as all-natural while withholding information on its high PFAS (per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances) content.
A list of all of the Simply Orange Juice Company's known products.
- Simply Orange Pulp Free (100% juice)
- Simply Orange Pulp Free with Calcium + Vitamin D
- Simply Orange High Pulp
- Simply Orange Medium Pulp with Calcium + Vitamin D
- Simply Orange Low Acid
- Simply Orange with Mango
- Simply Orange with Pineapple
- Simply Orange with Banana
- Simply Orange with Tangerine
- Simply Lemonade (11% lemon juice)
- Simply Lemonade with Raspberry
- Simply Lemonade with Mango
- Simply Lemonade with Blueberry
- Simply Limeade (12% lime juice)
- Simply Grapefruit (100% juice)
- Simply Apple (100% juice)
- Simply Cranberry Cocktail (27% cranberry juice)
- Simply Fruit Punch (pineapple, cherry, and cranberry, 15% juice)
- Simply Tropical (pineapple, mango, lemon, 15% juice)
- Simply Mixed Berry (cranberry, strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry, 10% juice)
- Simply Peach
- Simply Lemonade with Strawberry
- Simply Light Orange
- Simply Light Lemonade
- Simply Pineapple
- Simply Pineapple with Coconut
- Simply Watermelon
- Simply Smoothie Strawberry Banana
- Simply Smoothie Mango Pineapple
- Simply Smoothie Orchard Berry
- Simply Almond Unsweetened
- Simply Almond Original
- Simply Almond Vanilla
- Simply Oat Original
- Simply Oat Creamy
- Simply Oat Vanilla
- "Coca-Cola - Brand Fact Sheets". Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- Sadeghi, F. Fred; Moore, Roger Ian; Mayers, Jeffrey A. (2002). "Bottle with closure".
- "SIMPLY ORANGE JUICE COMPANY EXPANDS OFFERINGS TO INCLUDE SIMPLY ORANGE WITH MANGO AND SIMPLY ORANGE WITH PINEAPPLE". 2008-05-07. Retrieved 2008-06-29.
- "Coca-Cola to expand juice line". Retrieved 2009-02-25.
- Perkins, Tom (25 January 2023). "'All-natural' Simply Orange Juice has high toxic PFAS levels, lawsuit alleges". TheGuardian.com. Retrieved 19 February 2023.