Tommy e Oscar
This article does not cite any sources. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Tommy e Oscar|
|Tommy e Oscar.png|
|Created by||Max Alessandrini and Iginio Straffi|
|Country of origin||Italy|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||50|
|Running time||30 mins.|
|Production company(s)||Rainbow S.r.l. |
|Original network||Rai 1|
|Original release||2000 –|
Tommy and Oscar (Italian: Tommy e Oscar) is an Italian animated television series created by Max Alessandrini and Iginio Straffi(Oscar is a two-handed creation with Carlo Rambaldi), and produced by the Italian company Rainbow S.r.l. and by RAI Fiction and Arab-Malaysian Corporation Berhad. A feature film was planned for 2004 on the characters of the series, which however remained unpublished.
Professor Leonard is the classic mad, bizarre and eccentric scientist . His amazing inventions often end with unpredictable results. However, thanks to these inventions, his nephew Tommy becomes a superhero intent on protecting the world from Caesar, an unscrupulous businessman.
Tommy, a 10-year-old boy with his alien friend Oscar and his friends Yukari and Peter along with his uncle, Professor Leonard, join forces to stop the evil desires of Caesar. His strategies for getting rich, however, are diabolical plans to make money quickly without considering the disastrous consequences.
Fortunately, our heroes are not alone. There are Yukari, an expert in martial arts, and Peter, a talented black musician. Together they will have to save animals, protect forests and reveal complicated secrets. Life is never easy for Tommy & Oscar! This adventurous series is an explosive cocktail of suspense, gags and music.
The main town in the series Rainbow City, which takes its name from the production company of the series.
- Tommy – A blond boy of about 10 years who lives with his eccentric uncle Leonard and Oscar.
- Oscar – A fun and weird pink alien who eats musical notes that can change his body at will.
- Yukari – A girl of Japanese origin, full of action, her dance attack is the Katonga Dance.
- Prof. Leonard – Bizarre scientist, but a great inventor. Is Tommy's uncle and lives with him.
- Peter – Is Tommy's best friend, and he has a music store. He is voiced by Oliver Grainger.
- Woody Alien - is Oscar's friend who lives on their home planet: Pianota. His name is a parody of the name of director Woody Allen .
- Buck – A dog that can walk on their front legs, he lives with Tommy and Oscar.
- Caesar – Unscrupulous, low and ugly, he is convinced that the only thing that counts is money, and does not spare oppression to get rich.
- Ork and Dork – Pair of idiots apes, with speech but not of intellect. They works for Caesar as gorillas.
- Decibel - A robot tyrant of Pianota, a sort of alien counterpart to Caesar.
Since their first appearance in the two educational CD-ROM "The Phantom of the Theatre" (awarded in 1996 with the prestigious "Bologna Media Prize") and "Mission Music" (1998), the characters of Tommy and Oscar have been very successful worldwide, especially in Europe, Latin America and Asia.
- An Adventure in Tune Town
- Jingle Jeopardy
- Jurassic Park
- The King of Toys
- Love is Blind, Caesar!
- The Mystery of Blue Water Lake
- Operation Sunflower
- Oscar Kidnapped
- Oscar's Dream
- Parrot's Island
- Past, Present and Future Garbage!
- Phan Tom Manor
- The Pioneer's Comeback!
- The Secret of Olaf the Viking
- The Singing Crystal
- A Super Home Stain Remover
- Tommy and Oscar Show
- The Ultimate Challenge
- Yukari in Distress
|Character||Italian voice actor|
|Zio Leonard||Toni Orlandi|
- Tommy e Oscar on IMDb
- Rainbow Creative Entertainment official website
- Max Alessandrini's official website
- Big Cartoon Database sheet
|This animated television series–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Italian television programme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|