Type of site
|Video on demand|
|Owner||Doğuş Media Group|
|Slogan(s)||"Herkes onu izliyo"|
|Alexa rank||Turkey 263|
|Launched||29 November 2012|
tvyo is a video on demand web site launched in Turkey on November 29, 2012. Tvyo is owned by Doğuş Media Group and offers TV series mostly broadcast on Star TV, a Doğuş Holding channel. As of November 2013,[when?] popular TV series like Muhteşem Yüzyıl, Leyla ile Mecnun and Seksenler can be watched online, as well as old popular TV series like Behzat Ç. and Second Spring. Tvyo has 7 live channels; NTV, Star TV, CNBC-e, NTV Spor, Kral TV, e2, Kral Pop TV; all owned by Doğuş Media.
All the content is free and ad-supported, there is no paid version. Registration is optional, also Facebook login is available.
Doğuş Group previously launched a similar service called "Sipru" in 2007. "Sipru TV" has been shut down a few years later, however "Sipru RD" for radio service is still available as an iOS application.
After the web site launched, similar services followed. Doğan Media Group opened netd about one month after. Also, Apple iTunes Store opened for Turkey in December 4, 2012 only for music and films. TTNET also has a similar subscription-based service, Tivibu.
- "'tvyo' yayına başladı!". CNBC-e. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Türkiye’nin ilk masaüstü TV yayını başlıyor". Ntvmsnbc. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- "iTunes Store". iTunes. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- "Internetteki eğlence kanalınız "netd" artık yayında!". Hürriyet. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "İnternetteki eğlence kanalınız "netd" yayında!". CNN Türk. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Apple Launches iTunes Store in Russia, Turkey, India, South Africa & 52 Additional Countries Today". Apple Inc. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
|This television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|