|Locale||Xuzhou, Jiangsu, China|
|Transit type||Rapid transit|
|Number of lines||1|
|Number of stations||18|
|Began operation||September 28, 2019|
|Operator(s)||Xuzhou City Rail Transit Co., Ltd.|
|System length||21.967 km (13.650 mi)|
The Xuzhou Metro (Chinese: 徐州地铁; pinyin: Xúzhōu dìtiě) is a rapid transit system in Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province, China. Construction began in February 2014, and Line 1 was opened on September 28, 2019.
By 2020, the network is scheduled to comprise three lines with a total length of about 67 kilometres (42 mi). The total investment is expected to be 44.3 billion renminbi. The system will comprise 11 lines and 323 kilometres (201 mi) of track when it is fully realized.
Lines in operation
|Xuzhoudong Railway Station
Line 1 began construction in February 2014. The first phase is 21.967 kilometres (13.6 mi) in length, and has 18 stations (17 underground and one elevated). It runs from Luwo Station in the west to Xuzhoudong Railway Station in the east. In June 2018, the civil engineering construction work was reported to be 95% complete, leaving mostly track laying, decorations, and electromechanical installations to be completed. On August 30, 2018, railway work was declared complete, and electromechanical installations and decorations declared as "under intense progress". It was opened on September 28, 2019.
Lines under construction
Line 2 is planned to be 24.25 kilometres (15.07 mi) long in its first phase with 20 underground stations. It will run between Keyunbei Station and Xinchengqu East Station. It is planned to open in October 2020.
Line 3 is planned to be 18.13 kilometres (11.27 mi) long in its first phase with 16 underground stations. It will run between Xiadian Station and Gaoxinqu South Station. It is planned to open in June 2021.
Construction will soon begin on the second phase of the Xuzhou Metro, including Line 4, Line 5, Line 6, and the second phase of Line 3. Construction will last on these lines until 2024. The second phase will be 104.8 kilometres (65.1 mi) long with 73 stations.
Line 4 is planned to be 33.9 kilometres (21.1 mi) long with 25 underground stations, including 8 interchange stations. It will run between Taishangcun Station and Liuwan Village Station.
Line 5 is planned to be 33.5 kilometres (20.8 mi) long with 23 underground stations, including 9 interchange stations. It will run between Sundian Village Station and Xuzhou Mining City Station.
Line 6 is planned to be 30.7 kilometres (19.1 mi) long with 20 underground stations, including 6 interchange stations. It will run between Zhujiang Road Station and Xuzhou East Railway Station.
The second phase of Line 3 is planned to be 6.9 kilometres (4.3 mi) long with 5 underground stations, running from Xiadian Station to Houtao Taocun Station.
In September 2018, it was reported that the second phase construction plan will soon be reported to the National Development and Reform Commission, with preparatory construction work already completed and having already passed reporting to the Provincial Development and Reform Commission. Line 6 will begin construction first, along with Line 3, on a date to be determined.
The third phase of metro lines, still in planning, will complete the Xuzhou Metro's complete plan of 7 urban metro lines and 4 suburban metro lines. This phase will include the second phases of Line 1 and Line 2 and the entirety of Line 7, Line S1, Line S2, Line S3, and Line S4.
- "徐州地铁1号线一期9月28日10：00正式开通". September 26, 2019.
- "定了，徐州地铁1号线6月7日试运行！". May 6, 2019.
- 徐州城市轨道交通规划获批 地铁1号线今开建. People's Daily (in Chinese). February 23, 2014.
- 徐州轨道交通1号线一期工程启动全线建设. Jiangsu News (in Chinese). November 1, 2014.
- "Xuzhou ditie zuixinxiaoxi! Yihao xian mingnian Shiyue tongche!" 徐州地铁最新消息！1号线明年10月通车！ [Xuzhou Metro latest news! Line 1 will open to traffic in October next year!]. Xuzhou Metro Loop. September 22, 2018. Retrieved September 22, 2018.
- 徐州轨道交通工程加速建设 (in Chinese). Xuzhou Government. December 25, 2014.
- "Guidao gongsi zuzhi meiti jizhong baodao yihao xian jianshe jinzhan qingkuang" 轨道公司组织媒体集中报道1号线建设进展情况 [The railway company organized the media to report on the construction progress of Line 1]. Xuzhou Rail Transit (in Chinese). June 6, 2018. Retrieved July 19, 2018.
- "Guidaojiaotong yihao xian yi qi gongcheng shunli shixian "gui tong"" 轨道交通1号线一期工程顺利实现"轨通" [Smooth implementation of railway on Metro Line 1]. Xuzhou Rail Transit (in Chinese). August 30, 2018. Retrieved August 30, 2018.
- ""楚汉黄"惊艳亮相！徐州轨道交通2号线列车来了，通车还会远吗？". May 28, 2019.
- "徐州2号线首列电客车来了！". May 28, 2019.
- "建设进入新阶段 徐州地铁3号线首台盾构机始发". January 9, 2018.
- "徐州市城市轨道交通3号线一期工程轨道工程施工监理招标公告（资格后审）". 徐州市城市轨道交通有限责任公司. June 17, 2019.