|Locale||Shijiazhuang, Hebei, China|
|Transit type||Rapid transit|
|Number of lines||3 (planned)|
|Number of stations||52 (planned)|
|Operation will start||2017|
|System length||59.6 km (37.0 mi) (planned)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
Planning and preparation for construction began in 2001 and 2008 respectively, but was delayed due to the world economic crisis. The projected was approved by National Development and Reform Commission and included in the urban rail development project 2012–2020.
All three lines currently under construction (Lines 1, 3, 2) have, in total, 52 stations, 59.6 km length and will cost 42.19 billion yuan to construct.
The first line to open, Line 1, will have 20 stations and will be 23.9 km in length. It will be completed in 2017. The second line to open, Line 3, will have 17 stations and will be 19.5 km in length. It will be completed two years later in 2019. The third line to open, Line 2, will have 15 stations and will be 16.2 km in length. It is projected to open after 2020.
Line 1 will run from west to east and then to the north of city. Line 3 will go from north-west to south-east and then eastwards. Each line intersects other two. Lines 1 and 3 will intersect at Shijiazhuang Railway Station. The stations of these two lines were named in January 2013. Line 2 will run from north to south.
The city's government plans to build six lines of urban-suburban metro with a total of 169.2 km in length and 144 stations in the system. Lines 1, 2, 3 will be extended. Line 4 will go from north to south-west, Line 5 from south-west to east, and Line 6 from west to south-east.
- China approves 25 urban rail projects to boost economy
- 石家庄市城市轨道交通建设规划（2012–2020） (Chinese)
- 石家庄市轨道交通有限责任公司 (Chinese)
- 石家庄新客站：西站房将于明年底投入使用 (The new Shijiazhuang passenger station: the western section will be opened by the end of the next year), 2010-08-30 (Chinese)
- Shijiazhuang Metro Line 2 station officially started yesterday
- Hebei Shijiazhuang Metro to invest 350 million development of the railway to start next month
- 石家庄：地铁1、3号线出入站命名》，新华网河北频道] (Chinese)
- New metro line to be built in Shijiazhuang, Hebei
- Shijiazhuang Metro Line 2 in 2015 to start building Huai An Road due to fast road with no line
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shijiazhuang Metro.|
- Official site (Chinese)
- About Shijiazhuang Metro (Chinese)
- Map of adopted 3 lines of metro system
- Map of full metro system in future (Chinese)