Montgomery and the Alberta Children's Hospital
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Ward Sutherland|
|Elevation||1,100 m (3,600 ft)|
|• Average Income||$42,795|
|Website||Montgomery Community Association|
Montgomery is a residential neighbourhood in the north-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. Its boundaries are Shaganappi Trail to the east, 32nd Avenue and Market Mall to the north, and the Bow River to the south and west. Immediately across the river to the west is the community of Bowness, itself a town until being annexed by Calgary in 1964.
Montgomery was originally established as a community in 1911. On December 24, 1957, Montgomery incorporated as a town, but changed to village status less than four months later on April 15, 1958. The village was eventually absorbed by the City of Calgary on August 15, 1963 via amalgamation.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $42,795 in 2000, and there were 24.7% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 18.7% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 11.4% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 32.8% of the housing was used for renting.
The Montgomery Junior High and Terrace Road Elementary public schools are located in this community.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Montgomery Community Statistics". Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- Federation of Calgary Communities. "Montgomery Community Association". Retrieved 2007-05-23.
- City of Calgary Planning (2005). "Montgomery Area Redevelopment Plan". Retrieved 2007-05-11.[dead link]
- Ninth Census of Canada, 1951. SP-7, Population: Unincorporated villages and hamlets. Dominion Bureau of Statistics. pp. 55–57.
- Census of Canada, 1956. Population of unincorporated villages and settlements. Dominion Bureau of Statistics. p. 57.
- "Table 6: Population by census subdivisions, 1901–1961". 1961 Census of Canada. Series 1.1: Historical, 1901–1961. Volume I: Population. Ottawa: Dominion Bureau of Statistics. 1963. p. 6.77-6.83.
- "2012 Civic Census Results". City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). and 7_profile.pdf "Ward 1 and 7 Profile". Retrieved 2007-05-10.[dead link]
||Varsity||Varsity||University of Calgary|
|St. Andrews Heights