Sandstone Valley, Calgary
Sandstone Valley and Nose Hill Park
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Sean Chu|
|• Total||1.8 km2 (0.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,130 m (3,710 ft)|
|• Average Income||$75,002|
|Website||Sandstone Valley Community Association|
Sandstone Valley is a suburban neighbourhood in northwest Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Located northeast of the community of Beddington Heights, this primarily low-density residential community is bounded by Country Hills Boulevard to the north, Beddington Trail to the east, Berkshire Boulevard to the south and 14th Street W to the west. The Nose Hill Park is located south-west from the community.
It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 4 councillor.
Development of this community began in 1982, and was recently completed.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Sandstone Valley had a population of  With a land area of 1.8 km2 (0.69 sq mi), it had a population density of 3,470/km2 (9,000/sq mi) in 2012.6,253 living in 2,120 dwellings, a 1.8% increase from its 2011 population of 6,142.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $75,002 in 2000, and there were 13% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 36.2% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 1% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 8.6% of the housing was used for renting.
In 2006, there were two schools in the district:
- Monsignor N. Anderson Elementary - Separate
- Simons Valley Elementary School - Public
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Sandstone Valley Community Statistics". Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- "2012 Civic Census Results". City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 4 Profile". Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- Calgary Area - Sandstone/MacEwan Community Info
||Hidden Valley||Panorama Hills|
|Macewan Glen||Country Hills|
|Nose Hill Park||Beddington Heights||Huntington Hills|