R. P. N. Singh
|Ratanjit Pratap Narain Singh|
|Former Minister of State|
25 April 1964 |
New Delhi, India
|Residence||Kushinagar, Uttar Pradesh|
|Alma mater||The Doon School|
Kunwar Ratanjit Pratap Narain Singh (born 25 April 1964 in Delhi) is a Former Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs of India. He was a member of parliament from Kushinagar constituency in 15th Lok Sabha.
R.P.N. Singh hails from a Sainthwar Mall Gaharwar Rajput family of Kushinagar (Padrauna), Uttar Pradesh and attended The Doon School. In May 2014, he became the president of Doon's alumni body The Doon School Old Boys' Society after Moin Qureshi resigned following tax fraud allegations. He was married on 7 December 2002,to Sonia (Verma) Singh (prominent anchor and editorial director at NDTV), and has three daughters. He currently resides in the Palace, Padrauna Distt, Kushinagar, Uttar Pradesh, India.His father Late Kunwar C.P.N.Singh was also M.P. of Padrauna.His father Mr C P N Singh was Minister of state for Defence in Indira Gandhi cabinet in 1980.Kunwar R.P.N.Singh was the former MLA from the same seat till recently. He defeated BSP candidate Swami Prasad Maurya who is the state unit president of his party.
- M.L.A. (Uttar Pradesh) 1996-2009,
- President, Uttar Pradesh Youth Congress 1997-1999,
- Secretary, AICC 2003-2006,
- Elected to the 15th Lok Sabha from the Kushinagar constituency, 2009,
- Union Minister of State, Road, Transport and Highways 2009-2012,
- Secretary, Sri Aurobindo Society Centre (Padrauna),
- Secretary, Udit Narain Degree College,
- Secretary, Udit Narain Inter College,
- Secretary, Udit Narain Trust,
- Union Minister of state for Home Affairs.
- President, The Doon School Old Boys' Society (2014 - Present)
- winner of the Duke of Edinburgh Award (Gold),
- Indianexpress.com : comments : Doon squad
- Meat exporter Qureshi quits Doon School alumni body | The Indian Express
- "Nervous moments for freshers at oath-taking ceremony". Indian Express. 28 May 2009. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- "Massive road communication programme proposed: Minister". Daily News & Analysis. 14 October 2009. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- "Cabinet reshuffle: Congress chooses tokenism over efficiency". First Post (India). 28 October 2012. Retrieved 28 October 2012.