R. P. N. Singh
Kunwar Ratanjit Pratap Narain Singh (born 25 April 1964 in Delhi) is a Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs of India. He is a current member of parliament from Kushinagar constituency.
R.P.N. Singh hails from Kushi Nagar in Uttar Pradesh and attended The Doon School. He was married on 7 December 2002,to Sonia (Verma) Singh (prominent anchor and editorial director at NDTV), and has three daughters. He currently reside in the Palace, Padrauna Distt, Kushi Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, India. He was the former MLA from the same seat till recently. He defeated BSP candidate Swami Prasad Maurya who is the state unit president of his party.
- M.L.A. (Uttar Pradesh) 1996-2009,
- President, Uttar Pradesh Youth Congress 1997-1999,
- Secretary, AICC 2003-2006,
- Elected to the 15th Lok Sabha from the Kushinagar constituency, 2009,
- Union Minister of State, Road, Transport and Highways 2009-2012,
- Secretary, Sri Aurobindo Society Centre (Padrauna),
- Secretary, Udit Narain Degree College,
- Secretary, Udit Narain Inter College,
- Secretary, Udit Narain Trust,
- At present he is a Union Minister of state for Home Affairs.
- winner of the Duke of Edinburgh Award (Gold),
- Indianexpress.com : comments : Doon squad
- "Nervous moments for freshers at oath-taking ceremony". Indian Express. 28 May 2009. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- "Massive road communication programme proposed: Minister". Daily News & Analysis. 14 October 2009. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- "Cabinet reshuffle: Congress chooses tokenism over efficiency". First Post (India). 28 October 2012. Retrieved 28 October 2012.