||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
||This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (January 2013)
SECOM Co., Ltd. is the largest security company in Japan. SECOM was established in 1962 as the first private security company in the country. In 1964 SECOM pioneered the "man-machine" philosophy which combines highly trained personnel and high technology security equipment. Ever since, SECOM has expanded its business globally and is currently present in 13 countries. They are: Japan, United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Taiwan, China, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.
SECOM provides security services and products as follows:
- Electronic Alarm System with 24 hour monitoring and emergency response
- CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) Surveillance System, which is supported by both local and remote monitoring services.
- Access Control System which utilises biometric and proximity card technologies that cater to centralized and decentralized access control capabilities.
- Security Guard Services that provide security personnel.
- Sensitive Material Detection Services which comprises equipment and personnel whose function is to detect narcotics and explosive materials.
Being the largest security management company in Asia (of Asian origin), SECOM's customers comprises residential estates, chain stores, major shopping centres, residential apartments, multinational headquarter offices, factories and warehouses in industrial areas, also to mention several nuclear-powered electrical generator facilities. Included in their customer base are the three largest international airports in Japan.