Nippon Electric Glass
|Traded as||TYO: 5214
Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||(December 1, 1949)|
|Headquarters||7-1, Seiran 2-chome, Ōtsu, Shiga 520-8639, Japan|
|Key people||Yuzo Izutsu
(Chairman of the Board)
|Revenue||¥ 252.54 billion) (FY 2013)|
US$ 118.2 million (FY 2013)(¥ 12.43 billion) (FY 2013)
|Employees||5,275 (consolidated as of June 2014)|
|Footnotes / references
Nippon Electric Glass Co., Ltd. (日本電気硝子株式会社 Nippon Denki Garasu Kabushiki-gaisha?), also known as NEG, is a Japanese glass manufacturer. The company is a manufacturer of glass for flat panel displays (FPD). It has about 20% share in the world's production of glass for liquid crystal displays (LCD).
- 1944: Established with investment from NEC Corporation and other companies.
- 1949: Separated from NEC, and Nippon Electric Glass was founded as an independent company.
- 1951: Successfully began use of the Danner process to form glass tubing automatically; initiated mass production.
- 1956: Started continuous production of glass tubing using a tank furnace.
- 1965: Started production of black-and-white CRT glass.
- 1968: Started production of color CRT glass.
- 1973: Company stock listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE) and Osaka Securities Exchange (OSE) (Second Section).
- 1974: Started production of thin sheet glass for LCDs.
- 1983: Company stock transferred to the First Section of the TSE and OSE.
- 1988: Started CRT glass operations in the US via joint venture.
- 1998: Started production of PDP substrate glass using the float process.
- 1999: Acquired ISO 14001 certification for all plants in Japan.
- 1999: Started production of LCD substrate glass by the overflow process.
- 2004: Ended CRT glass production in the US and Mexico.
- 2010: Started production of substrate glass for solar cells.
Glass for display devices
Glass for electronic devices
Building materials, heat-resistant glass
Glassmaking and processing machinery
- "Corporate Information". Nippon Electric Glass. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "Company Summary". Google Finance. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "Corporate Financials". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "Display Glass: Bigger, Thinner, and Stronger". Society for Information Display. January 2012. Retrieved September 7, 2014.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "Company History". Nippon Electric Glass. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- Official website (English)
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|