Shionogi & Company, Limited (塩野義製薬株式会社 Shionogi Seiyaku Kabushiki Kaisha , TYO: 4507, OSE: 4507) is a Japanese pharmaceutical company best known for developing Crestor. Medical supply and brand name also uses Shionogi ("シオノギ").
In Japan it is particularly known as a producer of antimicrobial and antibiotics. Because of antibiotic resistance and slow growth of the antibiotic market, it has teamed up with US based Schering-Plough to become a sole marketing agent for its products in Japan.
- Claritin, An anti-histamine marketed in alliance with Schering-Plough.
- Crestor, cholesterol drug
- Nitrazepam, a short-term treatment for insomnia.
- Differin, a topical retinoid for acne.
- Moxifloxacin, antibacterial antiseptic that treats a number of infections
- Cymbalta, an SNRI class anti-depressant, marketed in alliance with Eli Lilly
- Ospemifene, an estrogen receptor agonist
- Shionogi has a close relationship with Fuji Television Network, Inc., because Shionogi is the sponsor of "Music Fair" (as of 2013, aired on 17 TV stations including TV Oita System Co.) started in 1964.
- Shionogi was a main sponsor of Team Lotus during the age 1991/1994.
- Perry, Alan. "Sponsor Company Profiles". Retrieved 2012-04-25.
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|