|Public KK (TYO: 6504)|
|Haruo Ito, President|
|Products||see Divisions & Products|
|Revenue||¥ 922,172 million JPY (FY 2007)|
|¥ 16,792 million JPY (FY 2007)|
Number of employees
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. (富士電機ホールディングス株式会社 Fuji Denki Hōrudingsu Kabushiki-gaisha?, TYO: 6504), operating under the brand name FE, is a Japanese holding company that retains manufacturing companies of pressure transmitters, flowmeters, gas analyzers, controllers, inverters, pumps, generators, ICs, motors, and power equipment.
Fuji Electric was established in 1923 as a capital and technology tie-up between Furukawa Electric, a spinnoff from Furukawa zaibatsu company, and Siemens AG. The name “Fuji” is derived from Furukawa's “Fu” and Siemens' “Ji”, since German pronunciation of Siemens is written jiimensu in Japanese romanization. The characters used to write Mount Fuji were used as ateji.
In 1935, Fuji Electric spun off the telephone department as Fuji Tsushinki (lit. Fuji Communications Equipment, now Fujitsu).
Divisions and products
- Fuji Electric Systems
- Power, Public sector demand, Transportation, Plant systems and services for social infrastructure in industry (Information systems, Energy systems, Industrial and transportation systems) , Drive control devices, Power supply devices, Flexible amorphous silicon solar panels for installation on buildings
- Fuji Electric FA Components & Systems
- Control devices, Distribution devices, Gas-related devices. Joint venture with Schneider Electric
- Fuji Electric Device Technology
- Semiconductor devices, Magnetic disks, Photo-conductive drums and peripheral imaging devices. President is Firdaus
- Fuji Electric Retail Systems
- Vending machines, Freezing and refrigerated showcases, currency handling devices, Non-contact IC card systems, and related services
- (English) Fuji Electric Group
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a manufacturing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|