Takashimaya Co., Ltd. (株式会社髙島屋 Kabushiki-gaisha Takashimaya) (TYO: 8233) is a large Japanese department store chain.
Founded in 1829 in Kyoto by Iida Shinkichi as a retailer of used clothing and cotton cloth, the store now has outlets throughout Japan and also in Taipei, Paris and Singapore.
Takashimaya was listed at #1197 on the Forbes Global 2000 list for 2006.
Takashimaya's New York store closed in 2010 when their U.S. subsidiary filed for bankruptcy. The store was at 693 Fifth Avenue near the Plaza Hotel and the Louis Vuitton store. In Paris, it is located along Boulevard Haussmann, in the 9th arrondissement. In Singapore, it is located at Ngee Ann City along Orchard Road, the prime shopping district in the city. Takashimaya opened a store in Shanghai, on 19 December 2012.
Takashimaya carries a wide array of products, ranging from wedding dresses and other apparel to electronics and flatware.
Directly owned 
- Osaka - 1-5, Namba Gochome, Chuo-ku, Osaka, the north side of Nankai Railway Namba Station
- Semboku - panjo, 1-3-1, Chayamadai, Minami-ku, Sakai, near Semboku Rapid Railway Izumi-Chuo Station
- Kyoto - 52, Shincho, Shijo-dori Kawaramachi Nishi-hairu, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto (Kawaramachi Station on the Hankyu Railway Kyoto Line is connected underground.)
- Rakusai - Rakuseine, 5-5, Oharano Higashi-Sakaidanicho Nichome, Nishikyo-ku, Kyoto, near Rakusai Bus Terminal (Kyoto Municipal Bus, Keihan Kyoto Kotsu, Hankyu Bus)
- Tokyo - 4-1, Nihonbashi 2-chome, Chuo, the historical structure selected by Tokyo Metroporitan Government, near Nihombashi Station (Tokyo Metro, Toei Subway)
- Shinjuku - Shinjuku Takashimaya Times Square, 24-2, Sendagaya Gochome, Shibuya, connected with the South Gate of JR East Shinjuku Station and with Shinjuku-sanchome Station on the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line.
- Tamagawa - the core tenant of Tamagawa Takashimaya Shopping Center in 17-1, Tamagawa Sanchome, Setagaya, near Tokyu Futako-Tamagawa Station
- Tachikawa - Faret Tachikawa, 39-3, Akebonocho Nichome, Tachikawa, near JR East Tachikawa Station
- Yokohama - Takashimaya Building, Sotetsu Joinus in the same location as Yokohama Station on the Sotetsu Main Line, 6-31, Minami-saiwai Itchome, Nishi-ku, Yokohama
- Omiya - 32, Daimoncho Itchome, Omiya-ku, Saitama the east side of Omiya Station (JR East, Saitama New Urban Transit, Tobu Railway)
- Kashiwa - Takashimaya Station Mall, 3-16, Suehirocho, Kashiwa, Chiba the West side of Kashiwa Station (JR East, Tobu Railway)
- Takasaki - 45, Asahicho, Takasaki, the west of Takasaki Station (JR East, Joshin Railway)
- Gifu - 25, Hinodecho Nichome (Yanagase), Gifu
- Okayama - 6-40, Hommachi, Kita-ku, Okayama, near JR West Okayama Station
- Yonago - 30, Kakubancho Itchome, Yonago
Joint venture 
External links