|Traded as||TYO: 1803
Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||Edo (present day Tokyo), Japan (1804 )|
|Headquarters||2-16-1 Kyobashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8370, Japan|
|Key people||Yoichi Miyamoto, (CEO and President)|
|Revenue||JPY) (FY 2012)|
|Net income||JPY) (FY 2012)|
|Employees||15,616 (consolidated) (As of April 1, 2013)|
|Footnotes / references
Shimizu Corporation (清水建設株式会社 Shimizu Kensetsu Kabushiki-gaisha?) is a leading architectural, civil engineering and general contracting firm, offering an integrated, comprehensive planning, design and build solutions for a broad range of construction and engineering projects worldwide. It has annual sales of approximately US $15 billion and has been widely recognized as one of the top 5 contractors in Japan and among the top 20 in the world.
The company is named after its founder Kisuke Shimizu, who was born in Ohane Village, Etchu (now part of Toyama), and has nothing to do with the former city Shimizu in Shizuoka Prefecture. Kisuke Shimizu formed the company in Edo (now Tokyo) in 1804 and the company has been headquartered in Tokyo ever since.
SHIMIZU Corporation is an international general contractor, publicly listed on the Tokyo, Nagoya Stock Exchange and the Osaka Securities Exchange and is a constituent of the Nikkei 225 stock index. It has a network spanning Asia, Europe, North America, the Middle East and Africa.
- Planning & Consulting
- Development & Financing
- Facility Management
- Engineering & Technology
- Research & Development
- Yoyogi National Gymnasium
- Tokyo Bay Aqua-Line - Aqua-Line tunnel and Umihotaru (an artificial island used as a rest station on the Aqua-Line)
- Bãi Cháy Bridge
- Terminal 3 of the Singapore Changi Airport
- JR Hakata City
- Malaysia–Singapore Second Link
- Bính Bridge
- Luzhou Line (Taipei Metro)
- THSR Tainan Station
- Haneda Airport runway D
- Mode Gakuen Cocoon Tower
Dream Megaproject Concepts
- Lunar Solar Power Generation -Luna Ring
The Energy Paradigm Shift Opens the Door to a Sustainable Society
- TRY2025 The Environmental Island -Green Float
The Botanical City Concept
Dreaming the Future
Creating a Sustainable, Environmentally Conscious City
- Space Hotel -Space Tourism
Formation of space tourism
- Lunar Bases -Construction on The Moon
Plan of lunar bases
Systematic Coexistence of Above-Ground and Underground Areas to Create Efficient, Orderly Urban Spaces
Creating Lakes in the Desert: A Proposal for Creating a Network of Canals and Exploring New Ways to Inhabit Our Planet
- "Corporate Profile". Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "Annual Report 2013". Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "Services". Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "Projects". Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "The Luna Ring concept". NASA. Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "Lunar Solar Power Generation -LUNA RING-". Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "Ocean Spiral (Japanese language page)". Retrieved November 21, 2014.
- "City of the future sinks into the ocean; Japanese firm devises plan for an Ocean Spiral community that descends nine miles to the seabed". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved November 21, 2014.
- "Desert Aqua-Net Plan". Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "The Environmental Island -GREEN FLOAT-". Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- Shimizu Corporation website (English)
- Shimizu Corporation website (Japanese)
- Shimizu Megaprojects Concepts - Dream page
- Shimizu Corporation’s Project Green Float
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|