|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
Berunanpukuria is a village 6 Km away from Barasat City in Barasat I CD Block in Barasat Sadar subdivision of North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is close to Kolkata and also a part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration.
Berunanpukuria is located at.
Berunanpukuria, Barbaria, Jagannathpur, Kokapur and Chak Barbaria form a loose cluster of villages and census towns along State Highway 2 (locally known as Barasat-Barrackpore Road), close to Barasat.
As per the 2011 Census of India, Berunanpukhuria had a total population of 2,188, of which 1,153 (53%) were males and 1,035 (47%) were females. Population below 6 years was 260. The total number of literates in Berunanpukhuria was 1,460 (75.73% of the population over 6 years).
West Bengal State University, located at Berunanpukria, was established in 2008. In 2018, WBSU has made it to the comprehensive list of the best public universities in Bengal. The rating was by Careers 369, the country’s largest education and career counselling portal. It offers undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral programmes. An affiliating university, as of 2018, all 46 colleges in North 24 Parganas are affiliated to it. The boys hostel is functional and the girls hostel is getting ready.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Page 393 -Map of Barasat I CD Block. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 3 June 2018.
- Google maps
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Kingston Educational Institute". Archived from the original on 29 January 2010. Retrieved 31 March 2010.
- "33811 Sealdah-Bangaon local". Time Table. India Railinfo. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "West Bengal State University". WBSU. Retrieved 3 June 2018.
- "West Bengal State University". College Dunia. Retrieved 3 June 2018.
- "WBSU bags place in list of best public varsities in Bengal". Millenium Post, 15 April 2018. Retrieved 3 June 2018.
- "Kingston College of Science". KCS. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "Kingston College of Science". Target Study. Retrieved 8 May 2018.