Bexleyheath and Crayford (UK Parliament constituency)
|Bexleyheath and Crayford|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Bexleyheath and Crayford in Greater London.
|Population||87,848 (2011 census)|
|Electorate||64,144 (December 2010)|
|Member of parliament||David Evennett (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Bexleyheath and Erith & Crayford|
|European Parliament constituency||London|
Bexleyheath and Crayford is a borough constituency represented in the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. It elects one Member of Parliament (MP) by the first past the post system of election.
The constituency is made up of eight electoral wards from the London Borough of Bexley:
- Barnehurst, Brampton, Christchurch, Colyers, Crayford, Danson Park, North End, St Michael’s
Following their review of parliamentary representation in South London, and as a consequence of changes to ward boundaries, the Boundary Commission for England recommended that part of Danson Park ward be transferred to Bexleyheath and Crayford from the constituency of Old Bexley and Sidcup; that part of Colyers ward be transferred from Erith and Thamesmead; and that parts of Lesnes Abbey ward, Belvedere ward, Northumberland Heath ward and Erith ward be transferred to Bexleyheath and Crayford from Erith and Thamesmead.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|General Election 2015: Bexleyheath and Crayford |
|Conservative||David Evennett ||20,643||47.3||-3.2|
|Labour||Stefano Borella ||11,451||26.2||-0.3|
|UKIP||Chris Attard ||9,182||21.0||+17.4|
|Liberal Democrat||Richard Davis ||1,308||3.0||-9.7|
|English Democrats||Maggi Young||151||0.3||-0.8|
|General Election 2010: Bexleyheath and Crayford|
|Liberal Democrat||Karelia Scott||5,502||12.7||−0.4|
|English Democrats||John Griffiths||466||1.1||+1.1|
Elections in the 2000s
|General Election 2005: Bexleyheath and Crayford|
|Liberal Democrat||David Raval||5,144||12.1||+1.0|
|Conservative gain from Labour||Swing||+7.2|
|General Election 2001: Bexleyheath and Crayford|
|Liberal Democrat||Nick O'Hare||4,476||11.1||−0.1|
Elections in the 1990s
|General Election 1997: Bexleyheath and Crayford|
|Liberal Democrat||Mrs. Francoise J. Montford||5,391||11.2||N/A|
|Referendum Party||Barrie R. Thomas||1,551||3.2||N/A|
|BNP||Mrs. Pauline Smith||429||0.9||N/A|
|Labour win (new seat)|
- List of Parliamentary constituencies in Greater London
- David Evennett Wikipedia page
- David Evennett's website
- Bexleyheath and Crayford Conservative Association website
- "Bexleyheath and Crayford: Usual Resident Population, 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "B" (part 3)[self-published source][better source needed]
- election result http://democracy.bexley.gov.uk/mgElectionAreaResults.aspx?XXR=0&ID=95&RPID=9646312 9Jul15
- total electorate 64,775 email from Bexley Council 10Jul15
- "General Election Result 2015: Bexleyheath and Crayford". Bexley Times.