Bexleyheath and Crayford (UK Parliament constituency)
|Bexleyheath and Crayford|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Bexleyheath and Crayford in Greater London.
|Population||87,848 (2011 census)|
|Electorate||64,144 (December 2010)|
|Member of parliament||David Evennett (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Bexleyheath and Erith & Crayford|
|European Parliament constituency||London|
Bexleyheath and Crayford is a borough constituency represented in the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. It elects one Member of Parliament (MP) by the first past the post system of election.
1997-2010: The London Borough of Bexley wards of Barnehurst, Barnehurst North, Bostall, Brampton, Christchurch, Crayford, North End, St Michael’s, and Upton.
2010–present: The London Borough of Bexley wards of Barnehurst, Brampton, Christchurch, Colyers, Crayford, Danson Park, North End, and St Michael’s.
Following their review of parliamentary representation in South London, and as a consequence of changes to ward boundaries, the Boundary Commission for England recommended that part of Danson Park ward be transferred to Bexleyheath and Crayford from the constituency of Old Bexley and Sidcup; that part of Colyers ward be transferred from Erith and Thamesmead; and that parts of Lesnes Abbey ward, Belvedere ward, Northumberland Heath ward and Erith ward be transferred to Bexleyheath and Crayford from Erith and Thamesmead.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrat||Simone Reynolds||1,201||2.7||-0.3|
|Liberal Democrat||Richard Davis||1,308||3.0||-9.7|
|English Democrat||Maggi Young||151||0.3||-0.8|
|Liberal Democrat||Karelia Scott||5,502||12.7||-0.4|
|English Democrat||John Griffiths||466||1.1||N/A|
Elections in the 2000s
|Liberal Democrat||David Raval||5,144||12.1||+1.0|
|Conservative gain from Labour||Swing||-7.2|
|Liberal Democrat||Nick O'Hare||4,476||11.1||-0.1|
Elections in the 1990s
|Liberal Democrat||Francoise J. Montford||5,391||11.2||N/A|
|Referendum||Barrie R. Thomas||1,551||3.2||N/A|
|Labour win (new seat)|
- List of Parliamentary constituencies in Greater London
- David Evennett's website
- Bexleyheath and Crayford Conservative Association website
- "Bexleyheath and Crayford: Usual Resident Population, 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Archived from the original on 6 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Bexleyheath & Crayford parliamentary constituency". BBC News.
- House Of Commons Library 2017 Election report http://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7979/CBP-7979.pdf] House Of Commons Library 2017 Election report Check
|url=value (help). Missing or empty
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Election results for Bexleyheath and Crayford, 7 May 2015". 7 May 2015.
- "Green Party candidates for General Election". bexley.greenparty.org.uk.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2005". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2001". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 1997". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- Politics Resources (Election results from 1922 onwards)
- Electoral Calculus (Election results from 1955 onwards)