Dulwich and West Norwood (UK Parliament constituency)
|Dulwich and West Norwood|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Dulwich and West Norwood in Greater London.
|Electorate||71,523 (December 2010)|
|Member of parliament||Helen Hayes (Labour)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Dulwich and Norwood|
|European Parliament constituency||London|
1997-2010: The London Borough of Southwark wards of Alleyn, Bellenden, College, Lyndhurst, Ruskin, and Rye, and the London Borough of Lambeth wards of Gipsy Hill, Herne Hill, Knight’s Hill, and Thurlow Park.
2010-present: The London Borough of Southwark wards of College, East Dulwich, and Village, and the London Borough of Lambeth wards of Coldharbour, Gipsy Hill, Herne Hill, Knight’s Hill, and Thurlow Park.
Following their review of parliamentary representation in South London, the Boundary Commission for England modified this constituency for the 2010 general election by moving the northern boundary to encompass more of Brixton and the eastern boundary to lose the wards of Peckham Rye and South Camberwell.
Members of Parliament
The constituency was created in 1997 from parts of the former seats of Dulwich and Norwood. It was represented from its creation until the 2015 General Election by the former Secretary of State for Culture and London Mayoral candidate, Tessa Jowell.
|1997||Dame Tessa Jowell||Labour|
Elections of the 2010s
|General Election 2015: Dulwich and West Norwood|
|Liberal Democrat||James Barber||5,055||9.8||–17.3|
|TUSC||Steve Nally ||248||0.5||N/A|
|All People's Party||Amadu Kanumansa||62||0.1||N/A|
|General Election 2010: Dulwich and West Norwood|
|Liberal Democrat||Jonathan Mitchell||13,096||27.2||+6.1|
Elections of the 2000s
|General Election 2005: Dulwich and West Norwood|
|Liberal Democrat||Jonathan Mitchell||10,252||24.4||+9.2|
|Socialist Labour||Amanda Rose||149||0.4||N/A|
|For Integrity And Trust In Government||Judy Weleminsky||57||0.1||N/A|
|General Election 2001: Dulwich and West Norwood|
|Conservative||Nicholas Edward John Vineall||8,689||22.7||−1.5|
|Liberal Democrat||Caroline Pidgeon||5,805||15.2||+4.4|
|Green||Jennifer Helen Jones||1,914||5.0||N/A|
|Socialist Alliance||Brian John Kelly||839||2.2||N/A|
Elections of the 1990s
|General Election 1997: Dulwich and West Norwood|
|Conservative||Roger W. Gough||11,038||24.2||N/A|
|Liberal Democrat||Susan Kramer||4,916||10.8||N/A|
|Referendum||Bruce G.S. Coles||897||2.0||N/A|
|Liberal||Dr. Alex Goldie||587||1.3||N/A|
|Rainbow Dream Ticket||David S. Goodman||173||0.4||N/A|
|Rizz Party||Captain Rizz||38||0.1||N/A|
|Labour win (new seat)|
- List of Parliamentary constituencies in Greater London
- Lambeth local elections
- Southwark local elections
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "D" (part 3)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- http://moderngov.lambeth.gov.uk/mgElectionAreaResults.aspx?XXR=0&ID=137&RPID=26942154 23Jul15
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- BBC News http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/election2010/results/constituency/b45.stm. Missing or empty
- "Election Data 2005". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2001". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 1997". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.