|Parent||FAW Car Company|
With products based on older Mazda sedans, Besturn targets upper middle-class Chinese consumers. FAW, Besturn's owner, also manufactures the Chinese market version of the car many Besturn products are based on, the Mazda 6, and Besturn models were initially produced in FAW's Mazda factories.
The Besturn B50 made its debut in 2009. The Besturn B70 made its debut in 2006. It is based on an older Mazda 6 and uses the Ford CD3 platform. The Besturn B50 was released in 2009 and is also derived from a Mazda 6. As of 2011, future models include the Mazda 6-derived B90.
Relationship with Hongqi
The products of another FAW brand, Hongqi, may be easily confused with Besturn cars. Until 2011, the two brands shared badging, and in 2008, due to flagging sales, Hongqi showrooms were merged those of Besturn. It was thought that giving the Hongqi brand more sales outlets would increase sales.
- Besturn B90 Sedan spotted out testing chinacartimes.com, October 27, 2010
- Besturn Does China's FAW Car Co. A Good Turn forbes.com. 07.11.08, 5:29 AM ET
- Besturn B90 to launch this year to be Mazda6 based Archived June 22, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. chinacartimes.com, March 24, 2011
- Mazda and Besturn to stop sharing production line Archived March 23, 2012, at the Wayback Machine. By Helen Zhang. gasgoo.com, June 22, 2010
- FAW Launches Besturn C301 Performance Luxury Sedan Archived September 28, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. Xiao Li and Wei Xin. FAW Official Site, Sep 13, 2006
- About Besturn Archived March 24, 2012, at the Wayback Machine. FAW Car Company Official Site
- "CHINA'S FIRST AUTOMOBILE WORKS POSTS 31.6% RISE IN 2010 SALES". Asia Pulse. Rhodes. Jan 19, 2011.
- "VW investigates whether Chinese partner copied its patents". Want China Times. China Times News Group. 2012-07-31. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- For shared badging, see FAW to give B50 a new grill and logo for 2011? chinacartimes.com, December 28, 2010
- For 2011 Besturn re-badging, see Besturn brands to carry the FAW logo from now on chinacartimes.com, May 24, 2011 at 9:21 pm
- AW Car to merge Hongqi, Besturn sales networks gasgoo.com, July 30, 2008
- FAW mulls merging Besturn, Xiali sales networks By George Gao. gasgoo.com, October 27, 2008