Media in Karnataka
|Part of a series on the|
The era of Kannada newspapers in Karnataka started in 1843 when Hermann Mögling, a missionary from Basel Mission, published the first Kannada newspaper, Mangalooru Samachara, from Mangalore. The first Kannada magazine, Mysuru Vrittanta Bodhini, was started by Bhashyam Bhashyacharya in Mysore. Shortly after Indian Independence in 1948, K.N. Guruswamy started the company The Printers, Mysore Pvt. Ltd. publishing two newspapers Deccan Herald (in English) and Prajavani (in Kannada). Times of India is the largest selling English newspaper in Karnataka. Tabloids including Lankesh Patrike and Hai Bangalore Adi Jambava Jagruti emphasize controversial topics. Sudharma, the only daily newspaper published in Sanskrit in India, is printed and distributed from Mysore.
- Shrinivas Havanur. "Herr Kannada". Online Edition of The Deccan Herald 2004-01-18. 1999 The Printers (Mysore) Private Ltd. Archived from the original on 29 September 2007. Retrieved 8 June 2007.
- "Kannada Literary Journalists". Kannada Writers. Kamat's Potpourri. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "Dream of a visionary". Online Edition of The Prajavani. 2005 The Printers (Mysore) Private Ltd. Archived from the original on 27 May 2007. Retrieved 8 June 2007.
- "Times Group acquires Vijayanand Printers". Online Edition of The Times of India dated 2006-06-15. © 2007 Times Internet Limited. Retrieved 8 June 2007.
- Shuma Raha. "Battleground Bangalore". Online Edition of The Telegraph dated 2006-11-19. © 2006 The Telegraph. Retrieved 8 June 2007.
- T S Ranganna (31 October 2003). "The public should teach erring newspapers a lesson". Online Edition of The Hindu dated 2003-10-31. Chennai, India: © 2006 The Hindu. Retrieved 8 June 2007.
- epapertoday. "Sudharma - The only Sanskrit newspaper". Archived from the original on 30 January 2019. Retrieved 3 August 2008.
- "Channel Information". Archived from the original on 29 September 2007. Retrieved 8 June 2007.
- Deepa Ganesh. "Still a hot favourite at 50". The Hindu. Retrieved 12 April 2016.