|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The nabassu (greater tanar'ri) appeared in second edition in the Monstrous Compendium Volume Outer Planes Appendix (1991). The nabassu (greater tanar'ri) also appeared in the first Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (1994).
The nabassu appeared in fourth edition in the Demonomicon supplement (2010).
Nabassus are demons very close to undead creatures. Nabassus resemble dark horned demons with bat wings, evil glowing eyes, sharp teeth and long talons. The life of a nabassu is composed of two stages: during the first one, the juvenile nabassus reside on the Material Plane, looking for victims in order to feed on and evolve; during the second one, the mature nabassus come back to the Abyss where they usually live in an Abyssal fortress or become a servant of Orcus.
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II (TSR, 1983)
- LaFountain, J. Paul. Monstrous Compendium Outer Planes Appendix. (TSR, 1991)
- Varney, Allen, ed. Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (TSR, 1994)
- Jacobs, James, Erik Mona, and Ed Stark. Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss (Wizards of the Coast, 2006)
- Green, Scott; Peterson, Clark (2002). Tome of Horrors. Necromancer Games. pp. 83–84. ISBN 1-58846-112-2.
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|