|Traded as||NASDAQ: HQCL|
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
Thalheim, Germany (technology and innovation)
|Hee Cheul Kim (CEO), Kye Chun Son (CFO), Dr. Andreas v. Zitzewitz (COO), Koo Yung Lee (CCO)|
|Services||Development and installation of solar parks|
Number of employees
Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd. is a manufacturer of photovoltaic (PV) solar cells with headquarters in Seoul, South Korea and for technology and innovation in Thalheim, Germany. The current company was created in February 2015 by combining Hanwha SolarOne and Hanwha Q CELLS. It is a subsidiary of the Hanwha Group. The company operates under brands Q CELLS and Hanwha Solar.
(in Mio. €)
(in Mio. €)
The company was established in 2004 in China as Solarfun Power Holdings by Linyang Electronics. In 2006, Solarfun was listed at NASDAQ. In 2008, Solarfun acquired a manufacturer of silicon ingots Jiangsu Yungguang Solar. In 2010, 49% of company shares was acquired by Hanwha Chemical, a subsidiary of the Hanwha Group. Consequently, the company was renamed Hanwha SolarOne. According to PVinsights, in 2010 it was seventh largest photovoltaic module producer in the world.
The company develops and produces crystalline silicon photovoltaic cells, panels, and silicon ingots and wafers. It has production facilities in China, Malaysia and South Korea. Its two most important markets are Europe and Japan.
- List of photovoltaics companies
- Photovoltaic array
- Theory of solar cells
- Thin-film cell
- Solar Novus Today: Hanwha Q Cells Achieves Positive Q1 Results. 14.05.2014.
- Ee news: "Intersolar: Q.ANTUM Technologie von Hanwha Q CELLS". 06.06.2014.
- "Company—Yesterday to Tomorrow". Calyxo. Retrieved July 2015.
2011/02 Solar Fields LLC takes over Q-Cells sharesCheck date values in:
- "Company Overview of Solar Fields LLC". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved July 2015. Check date values in:
- "About Us". Official website of Solibro. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- Q-Cells SE. "Geschäftsbericht 2010" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-03-29.[permanent dead link]
- "Q-Cells veröffentlicht vorläufige Zahlen für das vierte Quartal sowie das Gesamtjahr 2011". Q-Cells SE. 2012-03-06. Archived from the original on 2012-03-10. Retrieved 2012-03-10.
- "PVinsights announces worldwide 2010 top 10 ranking of PV module makers". pvinsights.com. 2011. Retrieved May 6, 2011.
- Evergreen Solar and Q-Cells Announce Partnership with REC Archived October 12, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Mitteldeutsche Zeitung 23.04.2014: Solarbranche in Sachsen-Anhalt versucht den Neustart.[permanent dead link]