Dushanbe International Airport
|Dushanbe International Airport|
|IATA: DYU – ICAO: UTDD
|Airport type||Joint (Civil and Military)|
|Owner||Government of Tajikistan|
|Operator||Government of Tajikistan|
|Elevation AMSL||2,575 ft / 785 m|
|Source: AIP Tajikistan|
Dushanbe International Airport (IATA: DYU, ICAO: UTDD) is an airport in Dushanbe, the capital of Tajikistan. Dushanbe Airport is a main hub for East Air, Somon Air and Tajik Air. Tajik Air has its head office on the property.
In 1924 the first airport was built in the country, in the city of currently known as Dushanbe. In November 1929 a new airport was built to serve Stalinabad (past name of Dushanbe). In 1964 the current airport complex was put into operation. Over the years the airport is reconstruction several times.
Work has begun on upgrading facilities at the airport. Funds made available from unnamed sources will finance enhancements to the runway and apron and the upgrade of the terminal buildings (originally built in 1964) to handle modern western aircraft. A new airport has been scheduled to be built to the west of Dushanbe by Indian contractors, allowing the current Dushanbe International airport to be converted in future to a VIP airport.
To bring the Dushanbe airport up to international air traffic standards, an extension project has been launched to raise the overall space of the international terminal to 11,000 m² with a capacity of 5,000 passengers per hour. This project is being implemented under financial support of France which provided Tajikistan a long-term, low interest €20 million loan. Tajikistan's own contribution will be €19 million (October 2012). Construction is scheduled to be completed by December 2014.
Airlines and destinations
- AIP Tajikistan
- "Directory: World Airlines." Flight International. 30 March-5 April 2004. 78. "Titov Street 31/2, Dushanbe International Airport, Dushanbe, 734006, Tajikistan."
- Airliner World, February 2007
- "France to Finance Dushanbe Airport Extension". The Gazette of Central Asia (Satrapia). 12 October 2012.
- Construction of international terminal at Dushanbe airport carried out at rapid pace, 28/09/2013 15:59 Payrav Chorshanbiyev,http://news.tj/en/news/construction-international-terminal-dushanbe-airport-carried-out-rapid-pace
- "Новый рейс в Бишкек". East Air. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- "flydubai to Start Tajikstan Service from late-April 2013". Routesonline / Routes. 1 April 2013. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Orenair 2014 timetable, http://intershop.orenair.ru/en/cityschedule/
- Somon Air, Flight Schedule for the period (30.03.2014– 25.10.2014)*,http://www.somonair.com/flight_schedule.php
- Ergasheva, Zarina (5 March 2013). "Tajik national air carrier resumes flights to Azeri capital". Media group "ASIA-Plus". Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- ""Таджик Эйр" будет выполнять полеты по маршруту Душанбе-Гуанчжоу". Xinhuanet by Xinhua News Agency. 3 April 2014. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- Tajik air schedule
- "Прямое ависообщение между Киевом и Душанбе откроется в апреле". ООО "Корреспондент". 4 February 2014. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "С 1 октября аэропорт Бегишево открывает регулярные рейсы в Душанбе". БИЗНЕС Online. 5 September 2013. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- L, J (21 October 2013). "Yakutia Adds International Service from Mineralnye Vody from late-Oct 2013". Airline Route. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- Airport information for UTDD at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- www.airport.tj – official website (Russian)
- www.dushanbeairport.com – Dushanbe International Airport unofficial website (English)