Dushanbe International Airport
|Dushanbe International Airport|
|IATA: DYU – ICAO: UTDD
|Airport type||Joint (Civil and Military)|
|Owner||Government of Tajikistan|
|Operator||Government of Tajikistan|
|Elevation AMSL||2,575 ft / 785 m|
Dushanbe International Airport (IATA: DYU, ICAO: UTDD) is an airport located in Dushanbe, the capital of Tajikistan. Dushanbe airport is main hub for East Air, Somon Air and Tajik Air also Tajik Air has its head office on the airport property.
In 1924 was built the first airport in the country located in present time in the city of Dushanbe. In November 1929 was built new airport to serves Stalinabad (past name of Dushanbe). In 1964 the current airport complex was put into operation. Over the years the airport is reconstruction several times.
Airport reconstruction 
Work has begun on upgrading facilities at the airport. Funds made available from unnamed sources will finance enhancements to the runway and apron and the upgrade of the terminal buildings (originally built in 1964) to handle modern western aircraft. A new airport has been scheduled to be built to the west of Dushanbe by Indian contractors, allowing the current Dushanbe International airport to be converted in future to a VIP airport.
To bring the Dushanbe airport up to international air traffic standards, an extension project has been launched to raise the overall space of the international terminal to 11,000 m² with a capacity of 5,000 passengers per hour. This project is being implemented under financial support of France which provided Tajikistan a long-term, low interest €20 million loan. Tajikistan's own contribution will be €19 million (October 2012).
Airlines and destinations 
- "Directory: World Airlines." Flight International. 30 March-5 April 2004. 78. "Titov Street 31/2, Dushanbe International Airport, Dushanbe, 734006, Tajikistan."
- Airliner World, February 2007
- "France to Finance Dushanbe Airport Extension". The Gazette of Central Asia (Satrapia). 12 October 2012.
- "flydubai to Start Tajikstan Service from late-April 2013". Routesonline / Routes. 1 April 2013. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Ergasheva, Zarina (5 March 2013). "Tajik national air carrier resumes flights to Azeri capital". Media group “ASIA-Plus”. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- Tajik air schedule
- "НАЧАЛО ЗОЛОТОЙ ОСЕННЕЙ ПОРЫ "ВИМ-АВИА" ОТМЕТИТ ОТКРЫТИЕМ НОВОГО НАПРАВЛЕНИЯ МОСКВА - СОЧИ - ДУШАНБЕ". АвиаПорт. 6 September 2012. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- Airport information for UTDD at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- www.airport.tj - official website (Russian)
- www.dushanbeairport.com - Dushanbe International Airport unofficial website (English)