Islamic state (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Islamic State)
An Islamic state is a type of government, in which the primary basis for government is Islamic religious law.
Islamic state or Islamic State may also refer to:
- Islamic State (militant group), formerly known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, a jihadist group and unrecognized state
- Caliphate, an Islamic state led by a supreme religious and political leader known as a caliph
- Islamic State of Afghanistan, the official name of the country of Afghanistan after the fall of the communist state Democratic Republic of Afghanistan in 1992 and the declaration of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in 2001
- Islamic Revolutionary State of Afghanistan, a small Salafist state established in the 1980s, located in the north of Bashgal Valley, Nuristan Province, Afghanistan
- Islamic State of Azawad, a former short-lived unrecognised state declared unilaterally in 2012 by the National Movement for the Liberation of Azawad
- Islamic State of Qadian, a state in the Indian subcontinent involving Qadian and surroundings areas established in 1530
- Islamic State of Waziristan, also known as Islamic Emirate of Waziristan, declared in Waziristan, Pakistan
- Islamic State of Indonesia (Negara Islam Indonesia or Darul Islam), Islamist group in Indonesia that aims for the establishment of an Islamic state of Indonesia
- Islamic state in Palestine
- Islamic republic (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.