The aerial servant first appeared in the first edition Monster Manual (1977). Published first edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons adventures which included Aerial Servants as adversaries that the players encounter included "The Ruins of Andril", published in Dragon #81.
The aerial servant appeared in the second edition in Monstrous Compendium Volume One (1989), and later appeared in condensed form in the Monstrous Manual (1993). The creature was further detailed in the Guide to the Ethereal Plane (1998).
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual (TSR, 1977)
- Melluish, Ian (January 1984). "The Ruins of Andril: An AD&D adventure for 4-8 characters, levels 8-11". Dragon. TSR. 8 (7): 41–56.
- Cook, David, et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume One (TSR, 1989)
- Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1994)
- Green, Scott; Peterson, Clark (2002). Tome of Horrors. Necromancer Games. p. 5. ISBN 1-58846-112-2.
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|