|Product type||Automobile marque|
At the end of 2009 BAIC Group acquired the intellectual property rights to the Swedish car maker Saab's 9-3 and 9-5 models and related powertrain technologies in order to support the development of its own-brand vehicles.
The first Senova production model, the Senova D20, a subcompact five-door hatchback, went on sale in China in March 2012.
The production version of the Senova D70 made its debut at the 2012 Guangzhou Auto Show.
The current Senova range comprises the following models:
- Senova D20, a subcompact five-door hatchback and four-door sedan
- Senova D50
- Senova D60
- Senova D70 (formally Beijing Auto C70G)
The Senova D20 sold 20,008 units from its launch in March 2012 to the end of the year. It was the first Senova model on sale in the period.
- "BAIC: Range of new models set for Beijing show". China Daily. 16 April 2012. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "BAIC E-Series makes market debut". Gasgoo. 27 March 2012. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "BAIC Motor to take stake in Daimler China leasing firm" (Press release). Reuters. 22 March 2015.
- "Beijing Auto E-series listed & priced in China". Car News China. 19 March 2012. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "Beijing Auto at the Beijing Auto Show, the other concept cars". Car News China. 27 April 2012. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "Beijing Auto C90L debuts at the Beijing Auto Show". Car News China. 25 April 2012. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "BAIC Group's own brand sales weak". Gasgoo. 6 February 2013. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- Official website (Chinese)