The old town of Caotun
Caotun Township in Nantou County
|Location||Nantou County, Taiwan|
|• Type||Urban township|
|• Total||104 km2 (40 sq mi)|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Cǎotún Zhèn|
The area was historically known as Chháu-ê-tun (草鞋墩) with the present name adopted under Japanese rule in 1920.
The township comprises 27 villages: Beishi, Beitou, Bifeng, Bizhou, Duihe, Fuliao, Fuxing, Heping, Jialao, Mingzheng, Nanpu, Pingding, Pinglin, Shanglin, Shanjiao, Shichuan, Shuangdong, Tucheng, Xincuo, Xinfeng, Xinzhuang, Yanfeng, Yufeng, Yushi, Zhongshan, Zhongyuan and Zhongzheng.
- Caotun Night Market
- Deng-Ying Academy
- National Taiwan Craft Research Institute
- Taiwan Craft Cultural Park
- Taiwan Times Village
- Hsieh Ming-yu, singer and songwriter
- Tsai Ping-kun, Deputy Mayor of Taipei
- Wu Den-yih, Vice President of the Republic of China (2012-2016)
- 臺灣地區鄉鎮市區級以上行政區域名稱中英對照表 Glossary of Names for Administrative Divisions. Ministry of the Interior. 26 March Minguo 104 (2015). Retrieved 30 September 2017. (in Chinese)
- "Visit Caotun in Beautiful Nantou - Taiwanese Secrets".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Caotun Township, Nantou.|
|This article about a location in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|