From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The China Medical University (Taiwan) has a branch in Beigang.
Beigang is only a short drive (approximately fifteen minutes by car) from National Chung Cheng University, one of Taiwan's foremost research universities.
- Chaotian Temple (北港朝天宮), which is visited by more than one million pilgrims every year.
- Statue of Mazu on top of the cultural hall of the Chaotian Temple
- Beigang Tourist Bridge, which connects the counties of Yunlin and Chiayi which are separated by the Beigang River
Local cuisine specialities
- Beigang Cakes (traditional wedding cakes)
- Beigang Peanuts and Broad Beans
- Festivities around the birthday of Mazu (23rd day of the third moon of the lunar year)
- Yunlin Good Gods Festival
- Beigang International Music Festival
|This article about a location in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|