The crysmal appeared for the second edition as an earth elemental kin in Secrets of the Lamp (1993) for the Al-Qadim setting. The crysmal then reappears in Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume One (1994), with the same information as in Secrets of the Lamp.
A crysmal is a crystalline creature from the Elemental Plane of Earth that appears as a truncated, prismed heap of translucent crystals. It can attack with a sharp, rotating appendage it extrudes from its top portion, which it can also shoot at an opponent. It has the ability to move through solid rock or earth, and has psionic abilities.
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II (TSR, 1983)
- Baur, Wolfgang, Secrets of the Lamp (TSR, 1993)
- Wise, David, ed. Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume One (TSR, 1994)
- Cordell, Bruce R. Expanded Psionics Handbook (Wizards of the Coast, 2004)
- Baur, Wolfgang, Jason Bulmahn, et al. Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 2 (Paizo Publishing, 2010)