Location in Odisha, India
|Established||1 January 1994|
|• Collector||Sri Purna Chandra PathyIAS|
|• Total||2,781.66 km2 (1,074.00 sq mi)|
|• Density||106/km2 (270/sq mi)|
|• Official||Odia, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||976 ♂/♀|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||1, Debagarh|
|Precipitation||1,014.2 millimetres (39.93 in)|
Debagarh District, also known as Deogarh District is a district of Odisha state, India. It is located in the northern part of the state. Debagarh is the district headquarters. The district covers an area of 2781.66 km². The district has a population of 274,095 (2001 Census). As of 2011 it is the least populous district of Odisha (out of 30).
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Debagarh one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 19 districts in Odisha currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
According to the 2011 census Debagarh district has a population of 312,164, roughly equal to the nation of Iceland. This gives it a ranking of 571st in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 106 inhabitants per square kilometre (270/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 13.88%. Debagarh has a sex ratio of 976 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 73.07%.
Vidhan sabha constituency
|No.||Constituency||Reservation||Extent of the Assembly Constituency (Blocks)||Member of 14th Assembly||Party|
|19||Deogarh||None||Debagarh (M), Tileibani, Barkote, Reamal||Nitesh Gangadeb||BJP|
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- "83 districts under the Security Related Expenditure Scheme". IntelliBriefs. 2009-12-11. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Archived from the original (PDF) on April 5, 2012. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Iceland 311,058 July 2011 est.
- Assembly Constituencies and their Extent
- Seats of Odisha
- "List of Member in Fourteenth Assembly". ws.ori.nic.in. Archived from the original on 2 May 2007. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Winning Candidate in Deogarh assembly constituency in 2014".