Usually, if a destruction is horrible, very dangerous, heart-stopping, or results in many injuries, the show usually goes into commercial either right at the moment of impact, right before it, or a little afterwards. When the show starts again, it reviews what happened and then explains what started the incident.
||First broadcast date
||21 Aug 2008
||21 Aug 2008
- Bakersfield, CA – A Speedboat hits the shore, flies over a hill, and onto a road. The driver escapes just before the boat hits land.
- Puget Sound, WA 7/11/40 – Footage of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapsing, killing a dog.
- Thorold, Ontario 8/11/01 – MS Windoc crashes into a canal bridge, and catches fire, leading to an explosion. Thankfully, no one is killed.
- Okinawa, Japan 20/8/07 – China Airlines Flight 120 catches fire on the tarmac and has to be evacuated.
- Zambramnya, Iraq – An Al-Qaeda torture compound is blown up by a US missile strike.
- Guam – A B2 Bomber crashes on takeoff and is destroyed.
- Texas – A tornado rips the entire foundation off a house, like The Wizard of Oz; and has damaging hail. The next season, Stormchaser Alex Tyler builds screens for his car to protect his team from hail, but the F5 drops softball-sized hail on them. A downed power line traps him with the F5 closing in, but able to escape. Despite all the protections, it still almost breaks the windows.
- Kırıkkale, Turkey 29/8/97 – A munitions factory is blown up by terrorists and is completely leveled.
||28 Aug 2008
- Oxnard, CA 2/14/05 – An Amtrak Pacific Surfliner train hits an 18-Wheeler because of a faulty traffic signal.
- Iksan, South Korea – A fire starts at a propane filling station.
- Mountain Home, ID 9/14/03 – Thunderbirds pilot Chris Strickland crashes at an airshow, evading death 1/8 of a second of it crashing.
- Middle River, MD 9/14/97 – A stealth fighter crashes.
- Henderson, NV – The PEPCON disaster.
- Manila, Philippines 5/4/88 – An 8-story department-store comes off its foundations, and crashes into a nearby high-rise flat, but no one is killed.
- David Ferguson crashes his speedboat twice.
- St George, Utah 1/05 – The Santa Clara River overflows, and destroys several houses.
||4 Sep 2008
||18 Sep 2008
- Dallas, TX – An Acetylene factory fire launches tanks onto the road
- Prince George, British Columbia – At the Sandburst Games downhill race a couch crashes with 3 people. The crash ends the Sandburst Games.
- New Providence, IA – A new water tower collapses
- Murdock, IL 9/3/83 – A Railway car with gas derails and burns for 3 days, causing two massive explosions.
- Phoenix, AZ – Stolen dump truck chase, ending in a crash.
- Wailua, HI – A helicopter crashes on a ditch. Tiny manages to lift the helicopter off Steve.
- Mexico City, Mexico – A tanker truck explodes after hitting a train.
- Mojave Desert 7/12/98 – Ron Cook tries to set a speed record on his motorcycle, but wipes out, however, surviving the crash at 200 mph.
- Nagasaki, Japan – A typhoon blows a building past a hotel where a travelling English folk-dance team is staying.
||25 Sep 2008
||2 Oct 2008
- UK 7/24/93 – At an airshow a pair of MIG-29s collide at the Royal International Air Tattoo
- Chandler, AZ 2/24/85 – A speedboat crashes into a shore and flies onto powerlines
- Manchester, England 6/15/96 – 1996 Manchester bombing a van loaded with 3300 pounds of explosives is detonated at the Arndale centre in the center of town by the Irish Republican Army
- Florence, OR 11/12/70 – Paul Linman reports on the blowing up of a whale carcass, but ends up finding huge pieces of whale, even crushing a vehicle, but no one was in at that time. They are ultimately forced to go with Plan B: move the whale into a trench.
- St. Paul, MN – I-94 van fire BLEVE explosion fireballs across traffic.
- Caruso Gorge, CA – Miles Todd mountain bikes and falls 150 feet down a cliff, resulting in serious injuries
- NASA 1984 – Boeing airplane crash test
- Las Vegas, NV January 1, 1968 – Evel Knievel's fountain crash
- Wembley, England – Evel's 13 bus jump crash
- Albuquerque, NM – A hot air balloon in the shape of Smokey Bear hits a radio tower.
||9 Oct 2008
||16 Oct 2008
- Fairfield, UT – a British helicopter does a loop at an airshow and crashes
- Swedish Air Force 2/2/89 Saab JAS 39 Gripen test flight crashes on landing and rolls
- Stockholm 4 years later 8/8/93 – the same pilot is at an airshow in the same type of plane and it crashes and explodes
- Dakota Co. MN 7/11/08 – a cop stops a car, suspecting the driver of drinking and driving simultaneously, and an SUV, carrying the real drunk driver, smashes into it and flips over
- Sacramento, CA – during a jet car race Dennis Gisua's chute fails to open, he crashes and explodes in front of Neil Hanson. He was in recovery for 2 years, but abandons his jet car race career.
- Perris, CA 1983 – skydivers try to set a record and their DC3 catches fire on takeoff
- Marshall Islands 1954 – Castle Bravo atomic bomb test explosion is 62 miles wide and leaves a 1.2 mile crater, larger than expected and destroys the testing facility.
- Comoros Islands 11/23/96– a hijacked Ethiopian plane crashes into the ocean by a resort, killing many.
- Kīlauea, HI 1986 – a lava flow takes out the town.
||23 Oct 2008
||30 Oct 2008
||6 Nov 2008
||11 Dec 2008
||18 Dec 2008
||5 Jan 2009
||12 Jan 2009
- Mexico – Baja 500 run – saboteurs makes a hole in the course and a white truck hits it and is launched and flips
- Denver, CO – window-washing platform smashes into a building, breaks and strands 2 men who have to be rescued by firemen
- Fernandez gets pulled by a truck while on a bike to take a ramp jump onto the roof of a house and hits the side of it
- Florida 8/13/04 – Hurricane Charley hits Punta Gorda
- Schenectady, NY Airshow 8/4/91 – Canadian Sea King shopper crashes/France – Explosions follow a commuter train that crashes into a propane truck
- Chicago, IL – black ice causes an accident and a police car on scene is smashed by a DWI
- Rockford, IL – trailer crash racing.
||26 Jan 2009
- Las Vegas, NV – at Pro Flame, a propane plant truck unloading starts a fire, then the fire spreads to the neighboring Amerigas plant. Explosions send fire 150 feet in the air. The fires burn 21 hours, tanks blew everywhere and caused $4–5 million in damage.
- Woodward, IA 11/12/05 – a man films an F2 tornado coming right at his house, it hits his neighbor’s house, goes by his house and takes out the house behind him. They run over and a woman and her dog are inside and need help.
- Hollister Hills Park, CA – Paul and friends go offroading and up truck hill. Halfway up he loses it, goes backwards and flips over 3 times down the hill. His friends think he’s dead, but all 4 of them are able to walk out. His $7000 truck is a loss.
- Burke County, NC 7/24/98 – huge traffic jam causes cars to use on ramps to get off. A tanker truck hits a bridge, it catches fire and the steel bridge collapses on the truck and it explodes, killing the driver.
- Marble Falls, TX – Lakefest Nationals dragboat racing. Todd wins the race, then loses it, flips over, bounces and shreds apart. He is fished out of the capsule and he is OK.
- Moscow, Russia 05 – in a 1.4 mile long car tunnel under the river there is ice from a ceiling leak and a jointed bus wipes out, fishtails and hits the wall. A blue car hits the wall and flips over then two box trucks smash into each other.
- Twin Falls, ID 7/99 – Flying Mike Brown (36) does a motorcycle jump in grass where he loses traction and hits the ramp, but doesn’t make it and goes off the back of the bike and under a trailer and is in a coma for 5 weeks.
- San Francisco, CA – Fishing boat Contender takes on water and starts sinking. The boat is full of people hanging on to the last second as boats come up to rescue them. It’s 50 degree water that is rough and spreads them around. They are all fished out except for 1; the boat was $150,000.
||26 Jan 2009
- Texarkana, AR 10/15/05 – a freight train derails and police go to the scene. The cop smells chemicals and backs up. Then an explosion occurs and soon night turns into day ahead of him as everything catches fire where he was. Then electrical power blows out. The next day the railyard is on fire, cars are burned up and a couple houses were destroyed. A tanker car with liquid propane crashed and burned.
- PCH, CA 10/02 – Paul MacDonald rides his motorcycle from San Francisco to LA. He swings both legs to one side while doing a wheelie, goes into a wobble and slams into a parked car and he’s hit and spins down the road. He broke his back.
- Lexington, OH – Gears Classic Mid Ohio course – Joey #21 goes into the grass and hits a mound that launches him, flipping him 10 times before he tumbles end over end hits the fence. He is able to walk away.
- NM Desert 1988 – scientists from the US and Japan crash an F4 jet into a concrete wall to test it. The jet is on a track powered by rockets and slams into it to learn how to make better structures.
- San Jose, CA – a large homeless shelter catches fire. Firemen work on it inside and out, then an entire wall collapses and pins a man underneath. Those outside were safe, no one was inside, the buried man was OK.
- 120 miles off VA 11/8/98 – USS Enterprise (CVN-65) launches Northrop Grumman EA-6B Prowlers and Lockheed S-3 Vikings all day and night. A Northrop Grumman EA-6B Prowler lands at night and crashes into a Lockheed S-3 Viking and both explode into a huge fireball on deck. The EA-6B Prowler goes over the side killing all 4 crew members.
- Sherman Reservoir, CO – a group of friends go out and party. A modified Jeep goes up a steep hill and a wheel goes over the side, he tries to back up off, then flips over and over down the hill. The driver walks away.
- Port of Jericho, Istanbul, Turkey – ferries dock during heavy surf and the floating pier gets covered in water. Everyone is evacuated, then the entire pier flips over and sinks. It was on ballast tanks and one ruptured.
||2 Feb 2009
- Mulhouse-Habsheim Airport, Mulhouse, France 6/26/1988 – Air France Flight 296 is an Airbus A320-111 low-speed flyover demonstration flight with 130 passengers and 6 crew members on board. It loses lift above the runway, goes into trees and explodes killing 3 passengers. 50 people were injured. 133 people survived.
- Watkins Glen, NY – grand am racecar series continues in a storm. One loses it on a turn and hits a foam wall, then one after another slam into each other and the wall at 65 mph, followed by five more. Two cars are destroyed.
- Aniva Bay, Sakhalin, Russia – MI14 sea and land helicopter exercise. One hits the water hard, takes water and can’t get lift. It nosedives and the blades rip off, killing 1.
- Julian, North Carolina – Piedmont Dragway Powerjam. At night Donny revs his engine so hard it explodes. He pulled the safety too soon and the nitrous detonated and he climbed out of the inferno, and just suffers minor burns. He returns to racing the following month.
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada – a 2 floor brick building is engulfed in fire and firemen back off and the front collapses. Right before the chief had the ladder truck back off. It takes hours to put it out. It was a welding torch that started it.
- Manchester, SD 6/24/03 – Two stormchasers drop probes in front of an F4 tornado. It takes out a farmhouse and buildings. It was a record 100 millibar drop. (similar to 114's version)
- Red Bluff, CA 5/07 – The nitro nationals dragboat racing. Problem Child (David Ishimaru) has trouble in a trial and they replace a prop. In the next race, it bounces, rolls and goes right over the other boat. Ishimaru’s capsule is ripped off and sent flying. He’s fished out with a broken back.
- Hwy29 – Rob Stewart rides the 318 twist & turn, 11 mile highway on his motorcycle in TN and NC Smokey Mountains – the tail of the dragon. He passes a slow bike and hits a car head on while making a turn. The bike is a loss.
||2 Feb 2009
- Fort Worth, TX – chemical storage facility fire. Huge drums explode and launch hundreds of feet. Smoke can be seen for 30 miles. EPA says to let it go and it burns for 4 ½ hours. Methanol was being unloaded and a spark ignited it.
- Rantoul, Illinois 8/4/03 – Tim Bernard does over 10,000 skydives and has to be extreme about them. He jumps 13,000 feet and tries to go through large open hangar doors. He wants it all on tape if he crashes. His chute catches the door on the way in at 65 mph and slams him to the ground breaking his hip.
- Dodge City, KS – Brain Carson does stunts. He jumps 126 feet in his car and lands upside-down on junk cars breaking his arm.
- Charlotte, NC – He wants to jump 250 feet over flatbeds and land on a pile of cars. He drops his suspension, lands on a fire cannon and flips over and over. It takes a crowd over 30 minutes to get him out.
- Oklahoma City, OK 8/22/08 – 110 car train derails and catches fire. Oil tankers explode in huge mushroom clouds. It takes 5 hours to get a hazmat team in to start to put it out.
- Las Vegas, NV – Seth Enslow jumps his motorcycle over 70 bikes. His Honda CR250 breaks in half on landing and he’s thrown skidding along.
- Fonda Speedway, NY – Johnny #61 is clipped, flips over and over and lands upside down on the wall, then explodes. He rolls out on fire. It takes over 8 minutes to put the car out.
- Fountain Valley, CA – gas balloon festival. One gets lift early and crashes into a building spilling the pilot out. The student is alone in the ripped up balloon as it flies off.
- Carbon Co. PA Rt 93 – a runaway truck ramp is filmed by the news because it is so dangerous. Then a truck hits rocks fast, flips over, rips apart and the driver comes out bloody. Years later they remade the ramp.
||9 Feb 2009
- Fuji Speedway, Japan – Le mans race in the pouring rain. The pace car goes too fast, causes Senako to spin out, crash hard, then Tetsuyo Otta plows into him and explodes. The car drives on fire and is put out. He is badly injured and retires.
- Oakland, CA – a security camera shakes and is turned to find a gas tanker plowed into the freeway. The upper level just melts away and collapses. It takes 26 days to repair.
- Radefeld, Germany – Jurgen drives a motorcycle on mountain roads. He loses it and plows into a rock wall and is thrown.
- Bocaue, Bulacan, Philippines – For New Year’s people buy fireworks, then a stand catches fire and blows up. It ignites 10 nearby stands and shoots rockets. It was a cigarette.
- Wilbur, NE – stormchasers find a tornado so huge they run from and a small one goes around it. They find an empty building and run in. The front of the building came off and smashed their car. It was an F4 2 ½ miles wide, a record.
- Malta – annual grand prix plane race over water. Eddie Gagan & Varga collide and go down. Eddie was able to eject, Varga died.
- Chandler, AZ – world boat finals. James Ray wins, but the boat flips, shreds and spits the capsule out. He broke his back again.
- Sagu Dock, Turkey 8/07 – rivers overflow and take out the municipal building in a pile. 70% of the area was covered in water.
||16 Feb 2009
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada 8/10/08 – Sunrise Industrial Gases factory catches fire and explodes into massive fireballs. A shockwave can be felt for 10 miles. Fiery metal is launched, Freeway 401 is shut down, people are evacuated. 5000 homes are damaged, 2 are killed. It was an illegal propane transfer that started it.
- Bellaire, TX 10/15/04 – a drunk Mexican goes on a rampage in an 18 wheeler. He hits traffic and pushes everyone out of the way. They use spikes and guns to take the truck out.
- Cheshire, England – Oulton park circuit British GT Championship racing. Hunter Abbot goes to miss a car, clips it, plows into the rail, starts flipping, shredding and then it explodes. He rolls out on fire and has only minor injuries.
- Pampa, TX 6/8/95 – Sgt. Randy Stubblefield films a large tornado forming that comes down. It’s a massive F4 that rips up buildings and goes across town. 43 houses are leveled costing $20 million.
- St Petersburg, Russia 2007 – Russian M12 helicopter does maneuvers at an airshow, slams into the ground and the blades fly off, then it explodes.
- North platte, Nebraska – a warehouse catches fire and a train goes right by it. Then propane tanks explode and the whole thing is leveled.
- Waterford, CT 7/8 – stock car race at the speedbowl. Jay Losniak races, a couple cars hit and he is launched over them and flips. His mom Jean films it and runs down. Jay is able to walk out.
- Montevideo, Uruguay – high speed boat racing. One boat loses control and slams right into the judges' boat, smashing it in half. Both sink fast and everyone goes into the water.
||16 Feb 2009
- Mission Bay San Diego, CA – Mark W races a hydro fuel dragboat in a test. He flips it and it rips apart in 2 seconds. He opens the capsule and it takes on water, he spins over trapped, but divers get him out.
- WI 8/18/05 – 28 tornadoes hit in 1 day. Stauntaun – Cops and civilians film from all over. One goes down, up and then down again. Then an F3 hits the farm across the street.
- Mechanicsburg, PA – Williamsgrove speedway sprint car race. Scott Zeller #21 clips #88, then cartwheels off the track, over the cameraman, across a yard and into a metal fence. The cameraman was knocked out by a tire.
- Wageningen, Netherlands – a 16 floor college dorm catches fire from lightning. The roof shoots flames and explodes. Because of construction they had gas generators up there that blew.
- KY 2/13/07 – Ofc Bill Allen goes to an accident call in the ice. The police car is hit and spunout. A woman calls 911 about her wiping out nearby. Then a semi loses it and hits a red car and slams it into the police car.
- AZ desert – 1960s Douglas DC7 is intentionally crashed by the FAA for a test. It hits at 180 mph and it shredded in 5 seconds.
- Dubai – 400 mile endurance race. A man films a yellow landrover truck hit a bump, launching into the air and into the cameraman. They are battered, but not killed.
- El Salvador 10/05 – Hurricane Stan dumps rain for 5 days. Roads are washed away, trees and power go down. 75% of crops are ruined in 700 mud slides.
||23 Feb 2009
- Tacoma, WA 10/6/07 – a propane truck unloads into a storage tank. It starts to leak and smoke covers the area. Then the truck catches fire spewing up to the freeway. 8000 gallons explode destroying the area. Firemen put it out and find the driver who died later.
- Marble Falls, TX – Todd Odom races top fuel hydro Spirit of Texas, the boat then rips to pieces and his capsule is thrown free. His blast plate came off and lost stability.
- Cornwall, England 11/13/91 – Matt 'Kangaroo Kid' Coulter from Australia jumps a riverboat on an ATV. He hits the top of it and is thrown into the river. A year later 8/13/92 he does it again with faster ATV and longer ramp, can’t miss. He hits so hard and is thrown. He rips out every ligament in his knee and loses feeling.
- Howick Falls, South Africa – Jeff Corlis basejumps from anything he can around the world. He jumps from atop the falls, pulls his chute and is blown into the falls, he’s knocked around, broken and attacked by crabs. He spends a month in the hospital with broken ribs and feet.
- Geelong, Victoria – a DJ and 2 others ride in a Huey 300 helicopter around the water. He goes to land on Cunningham Pier and a downdraft knocks them in the water. All make it out.
- Santa Fe, Argentina – a bus hits a car and goes over a bridge into a river. They use a large crane to pull it out, but it’s too heavy and the crane goes over too.
- Glamis Sand Dunes, CA – Seth Enslow is a motocross bike jumper. He takes a jump and lands in a crowd of people when he doesn’t get enough height. He’s fine, bike is not.
- Crescent City, IL 6/21/70 – the first propane train disaster. A car derails, catches fire, then blows up. A second explosion launches a car into a house. They let it burn 56 hours. It destroys much of the town.
||23 Feb 2009
- Netherlands – a fireworks warehouse catches fire and people fill the streets to watch. Then the fireworks erupt and people start running for it. The whole thing detonates, breaks glass and smashes nearby buildings. A second bigger explosion throws the cameraman. The entire area is leveled, 400 houses were damaged.
- Santa Ynez, CA – Dan Pastor makes a 200-foot jump for his motocross bike. He goes too fast, lands too far and the bike breaks on impact and he’s thrown. His face is bloody, broke his pelvis, back, ribs, jaw and is airlifted out. A year later he makes the jump safely.
- Needles, CA – Paul Curry soups up his raceboat, takes it on the river and launches. It slams down and he’s thrown 25 feet across the river while his boat sinks. He floats and starts yelling about his back. He broke 4 ribs and punctured his lung. All he could save was the engine.
- Claremont Speedway, Western Australia – Aaron Holswich races sprint cars on a dirt track. On a turn he is bumped, he flips 5 times and gets stuck on the fence up in the air as gas pours out. They yank him out and soon afterwards the car explodes. He damages his eye.
- Denver, CO 11/8/08 – A group of people are interrupted at a restaurant by a car crashing into it.
- Texas – Jet ski qualifying. Jerry Elinson races, stalls and collides with another jet ski. He loses his spleen.
- Mexico – Joe paraglides and loses control. He lands in a tree. it snaps and he's trown to the ground. He suffers minor injuries but shattered a rib.
- USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63) 7/11/94 – An F-14 Tomcat crashes on the back of the carrier.
||2 Mar 2009
- Russian Cosmodrome 2002 – Soyez rocket with Photo satellite nighttime launch. 29 seconds later it falls to earth in a massive explosion. Something got into an intake pipe and all engines shut down. It was worth $16 million. On the ground, 8 people are injured. 1 is killed .
- Flagler Beach, FL 12/15/97 – men work on an 800-foot pier damaged in a storm the year before. Storms hit the pier for 8 days and 20-foot waves hit their crane, then 90 feet from the end are ripped off and float away.
- Alton Park, England – a GT race is hit by huge rain. Some put on rain tires, but there is little visibility. Cars skid off road and fall apart. #8 wipes out and #9 plows into it. Track workers go out and then another car hits them. Then another car slams into them. A million dollars worth of cars are destroyed.
- San Bernardino County, California – Seth Enslow wants to set a record 275-foot jump on his motorcycle. Wind makes him go too far, he tries to slow down, misses the ramp, slams his face into the handlebars and shatters an eye socket.
- Boise, ID 1998 – Chris Shivers (19) at the bull riding blowout rides Shorty the bull. It throws him, then slams into him on the ground knocking him out. It comes back and hits him again.
- Mediterranean Sea 11/51 – Duncan flies a F9F2 Panther on a test to land on the USS Midway aircraft carrier. He lands, goes around, then hits the edge of the deck and explodes. He survives with burns.
- Virgin, UT – James Wolken rides a BMX bike doing jumps. He tries to jump 35 feet over a SUV and hits the other wall and falls onto the SUV and the bike breaks.
- Netherlands – biomass energy plant overheats and firemen arrive. The cooling system falls and pressure is releasing. Smoke pours out and turns black, then the whole building explodes. An oil leak made it fail.
||2 Mar 2009
- Buenos Aires, Argentina – an 18-wheeler on an overpass loses control after going too fast. It hits the wall and the entire cargo of lemons falls to the street below sending people running.
- Blumenau, Brazil 11/08 – 35 inches of rain falls and mudslides rip up the countryside. A house falls down a hill and wipes out another house. Then mud covers it and more houses nearby are taken out on Herman Hoosier street.
- Tampa, FL – Steve and 4 guys bungee jump at once on the skyway bridge. Jeff Sargent goes at the last second. The rope snaps and they all smash into the water. Two boats yank them out with broken necks and collarbones. They also were arrested.
- Lions Head Peak, MT – Trennis Bear and friends ride their snowmobiles up the mountain, then he starts an avalanche and races it to the bottom. A year later they do it again in the same spot and the same thing happens again, this time he’s launched and tumbles 1000 feet down in the snow. They find him and dig him out.
- Bath, England – Caterham race. Car #66 wipes out and flies through the air into a wall.
- Rialto, CA – At the 5th annual desert jump championship, Chad Walton hits a ramp, His truck drops and flips 3 times, then explodes. He is yanked out, losing the competition for not driving away.
- Farnborough, England – at the airshow a 1980 Buffalo helicopter lands too hard, it explodes and the wings break off, a propeller hits a car. Both pilots walk away.
- Dallas, TX – An 18-wheeler wipes out and crews work on it. A helicopter on scene catches an 18-wheeler on the other side of the road crash, hitting a van and then exploding. The axle rips off and the passenger is thrown out.
||9 Mar 2009
- Edison, NJ – an asphalt plant gasline catches fire next to the Durham Woods apartments. They are told to evacuate, then the line explodes. John records it and tries to escape. A backhoe damaged it and it finally ruptured. It makes a 75-foot crater, 8 buildings are gone.
- Peekskill, NY – the town is moving a 118-year-old fire house to expand the road and make it into a museum across town. An end starts to crack, then a lift fails and the whole building collapses into rubble. Workers need to be accounted for, but are OK.
- Weston Beach Race, England – Chris wants to do a backflip on his ATV and trains with a foam pit. He does the ramp to ramp jump and lands hard. He does it again in Pomona, CA, but falls off midway, hits the ramp from 40 feet and the ATV lands on him. The rainy dirt ground slowed him down. He sprained his wrist and broke his leg.
- Imnaha, Oregon 1/1/97 – John H films flooding as it tears up roads and houses. Then a red house is ripped away and floats down river into a bridge breaking it up.
- Donington Park, England – TVR Tusken challenge – cars bump, spin out, then on lap 5 Troy Dunlop #4 hits Stanton’s car, he turns over, then flips again and again ripping apart.
- MO 1/7/09 – A helicopter follows police chasing a stolen red pickup on the freeway, he gets off, then goes back on and hits a white car, goes thrown town at high speeds, hits a bump, is launched, loses it, hits a parked car, wheels fly off, it flips over, hits a tree and rips in half.
- Bangalore, India – Bangalore Air show. An ultralight loses control, takes off and goes across the tarmac into the crowd knocking people over. It goes around in circles until it hits a parked plane. A woman is knocked out. The plane was unmanned, the gear stuck.
- DE – International Speedway dirt modified race. Car 6 skids, hits 55 and it hits 54 with John Keller into the walk, launching him high in the air into a fence and tires fly off. He is stuck upside down and a tow truck flips him over.
||9 Mar 2009
- Des Moines, IA – Barton Solvents catches fire. Thick black smoke fills the sky, then huge explosions erupt again and again from 55 gallon drums launching them through the air and keeping firemen back. The whole area is evacuated. Ethyl acetate was ignited by static.
- Aircraft carrier 1991 – an A6 intruder sucks a helmet off a man when JD Bridges is sucked into an intake of a jet.
- Maryland International Speedway – American Drag Racing league championships. Tommy Franklin races a 1968 Chevy Camero and goes right into a wall, flips over and over as he shreds it. The parachute wraps around the body. Rescuers shut down the engine and Tommy is able to walk away.
- Lake Delton, WI 6/08 – Storms dump a foot of rain and the dam overflows into the river washing away roads, soil, trees and houses. The Fromm family works frantically to save their house, but everything washes away. The entire lake is drained.
- Nottingham, England – British F1 boat grand prix. John Jones gets air, flies up high, flips over and over before finally landing upside down. He’s knocked out; divers fish him out and an ambulance takes him away. He is back at the race later that day mad that they were warned to keep their distance.
- Cayuga County, NY – Mod light car race on dirt. Don Finner #28 tries to pass, hits a wall, slips, flips over, Rocko Leon #87 hits him, then 2 other cars hit them. Rocko’s car is flipped, then explodes. Rocko rolls out with a glove on fire that won’t go out. They put the car out and get Don out.
- Keystone, CO – Snowmobilers jump a 100-foot ramp at 80 mph. Snow melts in the sun and it is longer when Brian jumps it. He smacks into the other side breaking both ankles, heel and vertebrae.
- Portland, OR 1995 – Bubba Blackwell does a motorcycle jump over 13 cars, he hits the other ramp on the edge, the bike flips and he’s thrown into the pavement.
||16 Mar 2009
- Wichita, KS 7/02 – Summer Nationals International raceway drag racing at night. Jerry Yeoman makes it to the finals, hits an oil slick and slams into a wall, goes over it and flips 18 times in a fiery wreck.
- Cuscatlan, El Salvador 12/16/08 – a man sells propane tanks out of his house. He fills tanks, has a leak and starts a fire and causes other tanks to explode a dozen times. 9 houses were damaged.
- Red Bluff, CA 5/26/02 – International Hot Boat Association drag race – hydroboats race. Mark Atkinson soups his up, then goes airborne, flips and is ripped apart. He opens the capsule and it flips over and fills with water. It ended his career.
- Boca Reno – the Brazilian Navy’s munitions depot blows up into a nuclear size mushroom cloud. It keeps exploding and burning for over 5 hours. 37 homes are destroyed.
- Sacramento, CA – At a drag race Hans loses it, hits the wall, blows up, then slides down the track on his side and is ripped in half.
- Angeles Crest, CA – McConnel Sullivan films from his motorcycle up the long winding road. Ten other guys ride with him and when they stop one guy clips a bike, plows into Orlando Pablo at full speed. He’s thrown, knocked out and airlifted away.
- Dorset, England – Poole Harbour ferries carry cars across. An ebb tide crashed a yacht into a ferry with a 72-year-old couple on board. They go to pull it out and it’s sucked under. Two men hold on as the woman is sucked under. They throw a mat and lifering down, then a dinghy tries to pull them out. They grab a man, the people on the boat grab the other man and the woman is pulled from the other side. The 1920 boat is gone.
- Seoul, South Korea – At a carnival 6 elephants escape, 3 are caught and the others attack a restaurant. They get into the kitchen and people run for it as the elephants smash the windows. It reopens in 2 weeks with an elephant theme.
||16 Mar 2009
- Riobamba, Ecuador – on election night reporter Juan is covering voting, then an ammunition depot explodes. It causes bombs and rockets to detonate and a huge mushroom cloud forms. People run for it and explosions continue. The city is evacuated for days as the Army collects bombs.
- Fairbanks, Alaska – World Ice Art Championships contest. The Birth of the Bluebird is worked on for 100 hours and Uniqui cuts the last pillar and the whole thing breaks.
- Ursa, IL 12/8/89 – Stan Frasier tries to remove two 60-foot grain silos from his yard with a bulldozer and one falls on him. One has a tree with bird’s nest. First he tries to pull it down with a chain and it breaks, the second time the silo just drops 4 feet. The cage and roof saves him.
- Anchorage, Alaska – Mulchay stadium Fairbanks Bucks baseball game. A Cessna 207 skywagon loses power and crashes behind the outfield wall, hits a fence and flips over. The engine rips out and catches fire. 4 people were on board and all lived. They forgot to check gas on one side.
- Irwindale Speedway, CA – at a stock car race on lap 40 car #4 hits #34, then slides into an edge barrier and flips over. Todd Burns & Kevin Wood are inside. Wood is trapped upside down, but walks away
- Kernersville, NC 1/14/09 – Cops go to a house fire where a 911 call says people are inside. Firemen are told it’s empty and go in to check when the whole house blows up and is lifted off the base. Only the fireman had minor injuries.
- Blacktown, New South Wales 1994 – Eastern Creek Raceway drag racing. Santos Cranos back tires blow up and he flips over.
- Alicante, Spain – an armed 25-year-old takes over a bank with 8 hostages. He releases 6 for a motorcycle, rides off to escape and cops cut him off with a car and send him flying. Cops grab him and an ambulance takes him away.
- Spa, Belgium – Formula Palmer Series racing. Tim Mullen gets clipped in the back, spins out, crashes into a wall and catches fire. He’s trapped and has to be pulled out.
||23 Mar 2009
- Bonnveille Salt Flats, UT – Jim Meader wants to be the production car speed record of 241 mph. He gets his Mazda RX7 up to 230 mph, adds power and goes in the air, spins around, comes apart and slides upside-down and the parachute deploys. It catches fire and he has to crawl out and put the fire out.
- El Toro Air Show, CA – Jerry Caddock of the Marines flies an FA18 Hornet does the square immelman on the third day and slams into the ground at 300 mph. His engine catches fire and he slides out of control. He broke his neck, compressed his spine and punctured a lung.
- Mt. Shasta CA – a crew films extreme skiers. They build 100-foot ramps and have to be towed by a snowmobile at 65 mph to make he jump. Derrick (16) thinks he can make it on his own and misses because of the melting snow. He hits the ramp and is knocked out. He broke ribs, and tore his spleen and aorta.
- Omsk, Russia 7/6/00 – a gasoline fire near 60,000 gallon train tank cars. They try to cool the cars, but one explodes in a huge fireball. It is peeled like fruit. Sydney, New South Wales – St. George Speedboat race. Malcolm McCall races his boat, flips 30 feet and is thrown out across the water at 120 mph. The boat explodes and sinks. He broke 6 ribs and 3 vertebrae.
- VA 1995 – NASA launches the Conastoga 1620 rocket. It has a malfunction and automatically self-destructs. Two of the boosters don’t self-destruct and fly wildly until they explode in the ocean.
- Julian, NC – Big Dog Shootout dragrace. Junior Ward vs. Ricky Young. At the start Ricky’s axle breaks and he crashes right into Junior destroying his car. The truck keeps going.
- 200 miles off Australia – the cargo ship Laura is knocked to one side and fuel cargo all goes to one side and it roles over. The crew evacuates to two rafts and are stranded for seven hours. The navy rescues them.
||23 Mar 2009
- Willowbank, Queensland – Willowbank Raceway New Year’s drag racing night fire series. Stephen Reed's car wobbles and explodes. He pulls the extinguisher, hits the wall and his body flies 30 feet up in the air. The chassis keeps going and chutes deploy. It was caused by a broken fuel line.
- Netherlands – Delft University of technology has a fire on the 7th floor from an electrical fire. It takes 4 hours to put it out, then a section from 6 floors up collapses and starts a new fire. The building has to be demolished.
- Melbourne, FL – Airboat racing across 400 feet of swamp. Bill Willard wins and starts celebrating, but doesn’t stabilize the boat. It flips over and he’s slammed into the water. The boat lands upside-down and is destroyed.
- Chesterton, IN – St. Patrick’s Church catches fire and 30 firemen work to put it out. They are warned that the steeple is on the verge of collapse. A fireman is pulling an empty hose by it and he dives trying to get away as the steeple falls next to him. It takes 3 hours to put the fire out.
- Tulsa, OK – Chillibowl Midget nationals. Tim McCreadie was in the lead until his right rear tire broke off. He flipped 4 times and went over the fence. He couldn’t get out. He broke a vertebra in his back.
- Maui, HI – Jaws waves go from 12 to 60 feet. Surfers are towed in by jetskis to build the speed needed. Sierra Emery windsurfs a 40-foot wave and ditches when a surfer comes up on him. He’s buried and a jetski comes out to rescue him, but they are knocked over by whitewater. Two more jetskis rescue both of them and his board.
- Danville, WV – At a convenience store a soda vendor is going to leave when a truck out of control hits the pumps and crashes into the front of the store. The driver has fallen asleep with his foot on the gas. A beam flies over the cashier’s head. To prevent it from reoccurring they put up boulders around the property.
- Wildman Al Sleet jumped a garbage truck 74 feet for a record. Lebanon Valley Speedway, NY – he drives a dumptruck that catches fire and drives into a bus standing up, but he hits the side and flips his truck where he is trapped.