|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st edition
The froghemoth first appeared in Expedition to the Barrier Peaks as one of several alien species found within a crashed interstellar spaceship. The froghemoth then appeared in the first edition Monster Manual II (1983).
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edition
The froghemoth appeared in Dungeon #128 (November 2005).
The froghemoth appeared in Volo's Guide to Monsters (November 2016).
According to Volo's Guide to Monsters for the Fifth edition of Dungeons & Dragons, "A frohemoth is an amphibious predator as big as an elephant. It lairs in swamps and has four tentacles, a thick rubbery hide, a fang-filled maw with a prehensile tongue, and an extendable stalk sporting three bulbous eyes that face in different directions."
In the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, the froghemoth's possible extraterrestrial origins are expanded upon. This is in reference to its debut in the science fantasy module Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, where it is encountered within a crashed spaceship's biodome.
- Gygax, Gary. Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (TSR, 1980)
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II (TSR, 1983)
- Pickens, Jon, ed. Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Two (TSR, 1995)
- "VOLO'S GUIDE - Check Out This Froghemoth Preview". EnWorld. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- Green, Scott; Peterson, Clark (2002). Tome of Horrors. Necromancer Games. pp. 144–145. ISBN 1-58846-112-2.
- Bulmahn, Jason (lead designer). Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary (Paizo Publishing, 2009)