Karnataka Janata Paksha
|Leader||Padbanab prasanna kumar and Sayed khalid koppal|
|Founded||9 December 2012|
|Headquarters||Number 11, 12th Main, 17th Cross, Malleswaram, Bengaluru - 560055, Karnataka.|
== Present LEADER OF KJP PARTY Karnataka
- FOUNDER PRASANNA KUMAR (BANGALORE)
state vice president syed k.w. hydri
Present Karnataka In MLA
- B R Patil(Constituency- ALAND)
Although registered by Padmanabha Prasanna in April 2011, the KJP was formally launched by former Chief Minister of Karnataka B. S. Yeddyurappa of which he assumed its leadership in late 2012. Yeddyurappa resigned as a Member of Legislative Assembly and from the primary membership of Bharatiya Janata Party on 30 November 2012, and formally launched the KJP at a convention at Haveri on 9 December 2012.
Karnataka Legislative Assembly election, 2013
In the Karnataka Legislative Assembly election, 2013, Karnataka Janatha Paksha won six of the 203 seats it contested. It restricted the BJP to just 40 seats, compared to the 121 it had in the outgoing assembly. KJP secured almost 10% of the vote.
= Support for National Democratic Allianc
On 2 January 2014 Yeddyurappa announced that KJP will merge with the BJP and will contest the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections as one party. ″
Merger with BJP reversed
- Yeddy's KJP Launched - Cine Stars, Leaders Join Amidst Gigantic Crowd
- BJP's new opponent in Karnataka is Yeddyurappa's KJP
- joining Karnataka Janata Party for sure, claims founder
- Dhananjay Kumar nominated KJP chief
- "Karnataka: Jagadish Shettar resigns as Chief Minister". CNN-IBN. 8 May 2013.
- "No merger with BJP but will back NDA under Modi: BSY – Rediff.com India News". Rediff.com. 2013-09-19. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "BJP welcomes Karnataka strongman BS Yeddyurappa and his party back into its fold". M.ndtv.com. 2014-01-02. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "KJP merged with Bjp".
|This article about an Indian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|