Planetar (Dungeons & Dragons)
The planetar appeared in second edition under the "aasimon" heading in the Monstrous Compendium Volume Outer Planes Appendix (1991), and appeared for the Planescape setting in the first Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (1994).
The planetar appeared in the third edition under the "celestial" heading in the third edition Monster Manual (2000), and appeared under the "angel" heading in the revised 3.5 edition Monster Manual (2003).
The planetar appeared in the fifth edition Monster Manual (2014).
The planetar is a mighty general of the celestial armies that also helps powerful mortals on missions of good, particularly those that involve battles with fiends.
- Gygax, E. Gary. "Featured Creatures." Dragon #64 (TSR, 1982)
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II (TSR, 1983)
- LaFountain, J. Paul. Monstrous Compendium Outer Planes Appendix. (TSR, 1991)
- Varney, Allen, ed. Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (TSR, 1994)
- Cook, Monte, Jonathan Tweet, and Skip Williams. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2000)
- Cook, Monte, Jonathan Tweet, and Skip Williams. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2003)
- Bulmahn, Jason (lead designer). Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary (Paizo Publishing, 2009)