Closeup of Rewben Mashangva at Bangalore Literature Festival, 2016
|Born||21 June 1961|
Rewben Mashangva, also Guru Rewben Mashangva (born June 21, 1961), is a folk musician and singer from Manipur, India. He is known for reviving musical tradition of the Tangkhul Naga of Manipur, and use of traditional musical instruments in his songs. Influenced by musicians like Bob Dylan and Bob Marley, Rewben Mashangva has created many Naga tribal folk songs based on blues and ballad rhythms. He is known by different names like, Bob Dylan of the Nagas and King of Naga folk blues, Father of Naga folk blues. He received the National Tribal Award 2011-12, for his contribution to the development of tribal music from the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India.
- Tantivy (1999)
- Naga Folk Blues
- Our Story (2012)
- "Noble endeavour to bring back folk music glory". The Sentinel. 2 December 2009. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "When folk meets Western - Youngsters listen to masters create music at Shilpgram festival". The Telegraph. Calcutta, India. 3 December 2011. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Naga musician reviving dying folk music". The Sentinel. 4 October 2008. Archived from the original on 2 February 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "North East tribute to Hazarika in Delhi on February 18". Times of India. 15 February 2012. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Naga tribes stress unity at harvest fest". The Telegraph. Calcutta, India. 26 February 2005. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- Sinha, Dipanjan (17 December 2011). "End of a musical journey - Rewben to make melody in final episode of Dewarists". The Telegraph. Calcutta, India. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "'The father of Naga folk blues' wins Northeast Excellence Award for 2009". Siroy.info. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- Sengupta, Somini (23 June 2008). "Town in India Rocks (No Use to Wonder Why, Babe)". New York Times. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
- "Manipur's Guru Rewben Mashangva and Mary Kom receive National Tribal Award in New Delhi". North East Today. 25 March 2012. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- 'The King of Naga Folk Blues' Guru Rewben Mashangva and The Raghu Dixit Project Shine Bright on 'The Dewarists’ song 'Masti Ki Basti' OK North East