||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sharda Sinha sings Maithili, Bhojpuri and Magahi songs, and has received the Padma Shri award for her contribution to music. Prayag Sangeet Samiti organised Basant Mahotsava at Prayag where Padma Shri Sharda Sinha presented numerous songs based on the theme of spring season, where the advent of spring was narrated through folk songs. She regularly performs during Durga Puja festivities. She performed when the Prime Minister of Mauritius Navin Ramgoolam came to Bihar.
Sinha also sang the song "Kahe Toh Se Sajna" in the hit movie Maine Pyar Kia (1989), "Taar Bijli" from Bollywood film Gangs of Wasseypur Part 2 and "Kaun Si Nagaria" from Bollywood film Chaarfutiya Chhokare.
The upbeat pop song "Babool" (from the album Best of Sharda Sinha) was a song played July 15, 2016; in a local Indian-style grocery store, near Atlanta GA USA.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- "Beauty of spring narrated through folk songs". The Times of India. 2009-03-22. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- Manisha Prakash (2003-10-04). "Music maestros add to Puja festivities". The Times of India. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- "Puja euphoria reaches a crescendo". The Times of India. 2003-10-04. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- Faizan Ahmad & Dipak Mishra (2008-02-19). "Mauritius scholarship for two". The Times of India. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- A new brand of music in Gangs Of Wasseypur series
- "Sharda Sinha's performance at Bihar Utsav an instant hit". The Times of India. 2010-03-28. Retrieved 2010-03-29.
- Gangs of Wasseypur Part 2: Music Review