Ram V. Sutar
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to navigation Jump to search
Ram V. Sutar
|Born|| (1925-02-19) 19 February 1925 (age 95)|
|Awards||2016 Padma Bhushan|
1999 Padma Shri
Ram Vanji Sutar (born 19 February 1925) is an Indian sculptor. He also designed the Statue of Unity which is the world's tallest statue with a height of 182 metres (597 feet), exceeding the Spring Temple Buddha by 54 metres.
- "India unveils world's tallest statue". BBC News. 31 October 2018. Archived from the original on 31 October 2018. Retrieved 31 October 2018.
- Ram Vanji Sutar's Biography Archived 24 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "'Statue of Unity' To Be Completed in 2 Years: Renowned Sculptor Ram Sutar". NDTV.com. 12 May 2016. Archived from the original on 1 August 2016. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Meet the man who sculpted Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel's Statue of Unity – Monumental ambitions". The Economic Times. Archived from the original on 28 October 2018. Retrieved 3 November 2018.
- Sutar's studio Archived 24 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Archived (PDF) from the original on 15 November 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ram V. Sutar.|
- Bhura, Sneha (31 October 2018). "Statue of Unity: Meet the sculptors who help politicians carve their place in history". The Week.