The shadow fiend appeared in second edition for the Ravenloft setting in Monstrous Compendium Ravenloft Appendix (1991), and was reprinted in Ravenloft Monstrous Compendium I & II (1996). The shadow fiend appeared for the Planescape setting in the first Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (1994).
A shadow demon is formed from the very essence of evil on the Abyss. They have the ability to trap the souls of living beings.
- "Shadow Demon (3.5e Monster) - Dungeons and Dragons Wiki". dnd-wiki.org. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- Turnbull, Don, ed. Fiend Folio (TSR, 1981)
- Varney, Allen, ed. Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (TSR, 1994)
- Cook, Monte. Book of Vile Darkness (Wizards of the Coast, 2002)
- Green, Scott; Peterson, Clark (2002). Tome of Horrors. Necromancer Games. pp. 88–89. ISBN 1-58846-112-2.
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|